Can't delete prims I rezzed on my own land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone!  I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not. Please forgive me if I'm in the wrong section, but it's not really a building question per se.  I bought a pre-fab store that was mod, and deleted some of the extra prims that I didn't need.  I then decided this store was entirely too big and too primmy to use and de-rezzed the structure, but three prims remained.  I tried deleting them, I tried taking them, I tried returning them, and they just won't go away!  It's the oddest thing.  I can move them around, and I am the owner of them, but I can't seem to do anything to get rid of these three prims from that building.  By the way, it's my island, an estate, and I have full rights there, if that makes a difference.

On the same note, I was building with some sculpties last night, and rezzed an example of one of the items, and the same thing happened.  I can't delete it, I can't take it, I can't return it. It's just stuck there. In this case though, when I'd try to take the item, I'd get a copy of it in my inventory, but the original would remained rezzed and won't go away.

I now have 7 prims on my land that I can't get rid of and it's driving me crazy, lol.  Anyone have any idea what I can do, or why this is happening?  I know SL gets really weird on the weekends, but the original three prims were from earlier this week.  Any suggestions or help anyone could provide would be very much appreciated.  Thanks so much!

and assuming none of those suggestions help, there is a bug currently with some objects remaining after deletion/take/return... they've been nicknamed "immortal" prims.

removing them properly can still be done from the estate manages console (for private estates) or after the region restarts. a few people have had luck moving them offworld, or attaching them (but the latter makes them bugged in inventory, so don't do it to things you care about)

I had a similar problem, and Luc Starsider just told me a  solution for which I am very grateful. I'll pass it on to spread the knowledge around.

Attach the "immortal prims" to your own body. Then you can detatch them and they disappear into your inventory where they can be deleted if you want.

It worked for me, hopefully it will work for some other people.

Sonya.

Just to follow up on this post - I was finally able to delete those those original prims from the building I rezzed after trying repeatedly for days.  One day it just finally worked.  I'm not sure why or what changed, they just finally went away when I hit delete, so I'm guessing it was some sort of glitch.  I didn't think to try it from the estate manager option or to reset the sim, butI will keep that in mind in case it happens again. Thank you all for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same exact problem.  I tried everything I could think of.  Kill scripts, setting the prims to Temp, setting them to phantom and physical,  tried to move them off sim into empy space, hit delete a bunch of times, right mouse click on them and delete and take.  Nothing worked.

Finnally I right mouse clicked on them and selected "Wear".  The prims where attached to my right hand.  At this point I the prim showed up in my inventory in the Objects folder.  I then "Detached" the prim and then deleted it out of my inventory.  It worked!!!

I hope this helps. 

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.