New Free BOM Full Male Avatar :D

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

That looks great :)  I still can't unsee the nipple distortion, but the skin and shape combo look good.

I mean, I don't have a dog in this fight.  It's good to see something for male avatars being offered for free; there is really too little for them available. 

It won't replace the body and head my husband and his alt have, but for newcomers and others who would like it, it's a viable option, assuming they know it exists/ how to join groups.  The fact that BOM is built-in is excellent.

Now that you mention it, I can see the nipple distortion! Still, it's a great deal.

• Like 1

A good one for newbies, but also for those who say: Mesh does not look like me, I want to keep my skin.

This head takes skin better than many others. So it can be something for men who can afford full priced heads and bodies too.

No HUD for the face is a bonus. No hard learning curve.

The lashes is really hard to ignore. I am not sure if I could use this because of them, if I had only 10 L to spend.

PS: Top left and bottom right is using Aeros Arrow brows, and all are using age liners from Izzie's.

Ga collage.jpg

I mean. What your avatar looks like in the end is the result of many different factors; body is important, skin is important, shape is important, and if you add things like ALM and some interesting lighting .. Well. 

Snapshot-009.png

Aside from the head, the price for putting the avatar together was less than L$5,000 for body + skin + body hair. Yes, it's great that there's free / cheap stuff for new users /alts, but pretending like it's 'just as good' as the market standard when it looks the way it does, that's just silly. If it's $20 between looking like this, or looking like a potato, I don't mind coughing up $20 - if others don't care or can't afford to do that, fine. But if you think that the reason why 'most guys' on the grid still use system avies, I can assure you that it's not because no one has the L$ to splurge.

Sure, if you take all my current attachments (oi, I'm not wearing that!) it's probably something like L$12,500 - 15,000 (with that it's a little more!), but it's not like you have to buy everything in one go - I bought a mesh body probably about a year before I got around to getting a mesh head (remember back when we had to find appliers + system skins that worked together?!), and my shape has been a process of years of fiddling back and forth with things to figure out how I want them, and are still subject to change. Besides, I totally expect that sometime down the line, there'll be a new feature that'll make the current mesh avatars outdated (like Bento did to a whole lot of mesh stuff), and I don't expect all the big brand today to be around forever. Or just that someone release a new head or body that I'd prefer to what I already have.

Besides, I hardly think I'd be a contender for 'Mr SL MMXX'. Shrugs. And I certainly wouldn't date my avi . . . Well, unless it was Neph . . .

CMqGVas.gif

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.