New Free BOM Full Male Avatar :D

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

388920998_altamuraivanclose.thumb.jpg.aee9ad654649e147046936fc6507cf5d.jpg

from altamura for the TeleportHub.com group ($10 join if not a member). 

This is the avatar right out of the box with 7DS Splinter skin from last month.   It took me awhile to "get" this avatar, not being a BOM aficionado.  Eventually I figured out that since there was no HUD and no ALPHA CUTS --- well, geez, you just use the old alphas from the pre mesh body days.

Finding something to fit wasn't that hard, but finding an alpha for pants was. I am a VERY NEAT inventory gal. 

520911011_altamuraivan.thumb.jpg.c3472b717a2f0690c213f3cac4636009.jpg

Anyway this is a nice muscled but trim body. This is the shape that comes with and whatever hair my male avatar was wearing before I made changes.   The eyes were already on my "guy"  as system layers.  A developer kit is in the mix and an animation hud.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the heads up Chic!

I've paired him with another 7DS skin - 7 Deadly s{K}ins - FEBRUARY/2015 guys gift

and shape - 7DS NOAH DEF shape ears - modded by me for the Altamura Max avatar

a gift hair with hairbase - MINA Hair - William - Essentials MINA VIP group gift

@Marianne Little- you could use the head only, by using an alpha for the body - however, you wouldn't be able to use a BOM body then... and I am adding yet another meshbody wouldn't help lag... 

Anyway here's my version finally...64518586_altamuranewmaletphub_001.thumb.png.4abaa4149d18641b3235421d0e61af3d.png1367260749_altamuranewmaletphub_002.thumb.png.2edb525480fa1483bf08a8dba8492a3e.png1725097749_altamuranewmaletphub_003.thumb.png.bfd89cf16432eb27e97e28564bf19522.png

Edited by Emma Krokus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks.  I can get basically the same look with Altamura and Signature Gianni, with about 9000 to 10,000 less avatar complexity using the Altamura.  Problem is that I cannot figure out how to get rid of the toenails with Altamura even when trying several different 'foot be gone' alpha layers.

Signature Gianni

original_5f1325f8289dd2200033d1c9.png

web_5f13261a73ed1723b30553ca.jpg

Altamura

original_5f132769d9859c7435c29abb.png

web_5f13264f289dd2239333d1c9.jpg

web_5f13269c73ed17290e381786.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SkyhawkSkyrim said:

Had noticed a tiny texture issue. Reached out to creator and she has fixed and has updated the Altamura: "Stay with Me" Male BoM Avatar. Thanks for this super nice avatar!

BOM texture glitch.png

I noticed that too. Thanks for writing and for the news of an update. Will go get those.  I made "my" guy a bit beefier and changed the face some.  

EDIT:  I went to get an update for the fix at the shop and it looks like the same one is still there. BUT my friend got a redelivery of the new one, so likely I will too.   So patience :D

1859735699_altamuraclose2.thumb.jpg.807143bc8897adf4fa4f812473055e99.jpg

And a friend FINALLY (after years of trying) got back to his old look.  This head seems to do a better job than some of the Bento rigged heads. A super nice gift. 

His look below which is of course very different from mine above. We are using the same new 7DS skin (not sure about skin tones thought).

2007191709_charlieprofileJuly2020large.jpg.01ba1fde6f33b4d2e7a228983b34fc12.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding info

yes it's free.. and thats great! .. always good to have something to pick for low budget. But i am very sorry... it dóes look like it too.
Perhaps it's the skins not flattering it. I'll try it later today if i find time.
For now i'd prefer to see a well made standars avi :SwingingFriends:
The joining terminal at the place didn't work for me.. groupjoiner here: http://world.secondlife.com/group/0ceeb685-fd83-1c3d-1de6-16a72517f4f6?lang=en-US

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

I agree that it does not look so attractive. The best free bodies is still TMP/ The Meshbody's free body. I disagree with much of the brand's business, but that body is hot, hot, hot...also BoM... and an alpha HUD to use where there is no alpha layer.

But compared to the default avatar, this is better!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes it's free.. and thats great! .. always good to have something to pick for low budget. But i am very sorry... it dóes look like it too.
Perhaps it's the skins not flattering it. I'll try it later today if i find time.
For now i'd prefer to see a well made standars avi :SwingingFriends:
The joining terminal at the place didn't work for me.. groupjoiner here: http://world.secondlife.com/group/0ceeb685-fd83-1c3d-1de6-16a72517f4f6?lang=en-US

***Skins and shape make a huge difference.***     

And to the TMP comment, I really hate that body. So everyone has different tastes and that's a good thing.  This is actually my favorite male body so far.  The shape sliders seem to do a lot more than many heads (even the top brands).       

Not sure about the toenail thing though.  I do know that where I live a fair percentage of folks only wear sandals (yes, to ALL sorts of events) so that look wouldn't be unrepresented LOL.   

I don't have need of a guy avatar all that often but glad to have this one.   And it really loads FAST.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

I picked this up and the toenails thing is... annoying.  There is a developers kit included with the body and I had a look at that to see if I could make an applier for them with a transparent texture, but as far as I can tell, there is only fingernails included in the kit, not toenails. If anyone has a clue how to use this kit to make an applier for the toenails as well, I would be extremely grateful!

OK I JUST this second (well minute) got an update that now has "the toenails were removed and the feet are more dimensionable"  

So best to keep both bodies I suspect so that you have one WITH toenails if you want to wear sandals.   

Edited: chatting in group the moderator said that the toenails were not SEPARATE so you just add them for sandals. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Thanks 2

On 7/17/2020 at 8:20 PM, Chic Aeon said:

388920998_altamuraivanclose.thumb.jpg.aee9ad654649e147046936fc6507cf5d.jpg

from altamura for the TeleportHub.com group ($10 join if not a member). 

This is the avatar right out of the box with 7DS Splinter skin from last month.   It took me awhile to "get" this avatar, not being a BOM aficionado.  Eventually I figured out that since there was no HUD and no ALPHA CUTS --- well, geez, you just use the old alphas from the pre mesh body days.

Finding something to fit wasn't that hard, but finding an alpha for pants was. I am a VERY NEAT inventory gal. 

520911011_altamuraivan.thumb.jpg.c3472b717a2f0690c213f3cac4636009.jpg

Anyway this is a nice muscled but trim body. This is the shape that comes with and whatever hair my male avatar was wearing before I made changes.   The eyes were already on my "guy"  as system layers.  A developer kit is in the mix and an animation hud.  

that is awful, even for free.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 7/19/2020 at 8:25 AM, Marianne Little said:

But compared to the default avatar, this is better!

Luckily, some things lay in the eye of the beholder. Mentioning beauty here would probably be too much.

For my liking, there are very few pics and a whole post passing as nice or more. The rest makes me wonder why one should even bother with free mesh stuff, when a more realistic and good looking appearance can be done with good ole system parts.

3 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

The rest makes me wonder why one should even bother with free mesh stuff, when a more realistic and good looking appearance can be done with good ole system parts.

Because the hands and feet on the system avatar look absolutely dreadful. I made a new alt a few weeks ago and couldn't bear to look at those hideous hands for more than a day. 

For a male avatar, all he would really need is a pair of bento, BOM mesh hands that fit nicely on the system avatar shape. And feet too, if he goes barefoot sometimes. A female avatar would need both, and the feet would need to be compatible with either slink or maitreya shoes.

It's a pity that Slink doesn't offer their original hands and feet sets for cheap now. 

Guess I couldn't bear to look at these fingers without always thinking of grilling sausages:

1178586489_BOMtextureglitch.png.e6a3758b

But well.

It's also a shame that SLink literally gets pushed out of the support range among the already much too small male clothing scene. That new stunt of TMP Legacy Athletic will probably add to that trend.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.