• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An asexual friend of mine would not agree with you.  My understanding is that being asexual is no more "weird" than being homosexual or bi-sexual.  Granted, some asexual people still have sex, for var

Some want no sex in SL Some want no kids in SL Some want no furries in SL Some want no fees in SL Some want <insert topic here> in SL   People are people - some wan

Some = rare findings of weirdos crying out loud. Best ignored. Or in other words: "prudishness" is quite the least likely term I'd associate with SL.

Posted Images

On 7/17/2020 at 2:41 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Some = rare findings of weirdos crying out loud. Best ignored.

Or in other words: "prudishness" is quite the least likely term I'd associate with SL.

SMH

So all people in sl who don't like pixel bumping are weirdos? 

• Confused 2

Why are so many threads on "rinse and repeat" modus, as if those multiple pages between the OP and the last post wouldn't exist...

Yes, those weirdos who go running around in adult locations for the sake of screaming "forbid it! forbid it! It offends me!" are indeed weirdos.
Or are you deliberately ignoring the "want it removed" part of the first post?

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 7/26/2020 at 2:08 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Ironically, some of them are in the mesh-avatar business.

And in the skin industry. The places some people think an avatars lady parts belong is... interesting.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Why are so many threads on "rinse and repeat" modus, as if those multiple pages between the OP and the last post wouldn't exist...

Yes, those weirdos who go running around in adult locations for the sake of screaming "forbid it! forbid it! It offends me!" are indeed weirdos.

Why not just ignore them? It would most likely offend you less.

Well, I try to appear polite when people quote me. But perhaps that should be put aside just like humor and compliments.

EDIT: Or do you mean "ignore the weirdos"? Nah, they are good enough for some reading entertainment. Before getting ignored.

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Well, I try to appear polite when people quote me. But perhaps that should be put aside just like humor and compliments.

EDIT: Or do you mean "ignore the weirdos"? Nah, they are good enough for some reading entertainment. Before getting ignored.

Okay then, if you enjoy the reading. Then clearly you are not offended by them. If you were that offended by them, you wouldn't even pay heed to them at all.

11 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I don't think any prude would go to any adult sim if they are prudish.

Plus you are not clear in your reply. It nowhere says that you meant prudish people  who run around in adult Sims

And also I quoted you because I don't think you can label anyone as weirdos.

Edited by shiviex
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, shiviex said:

I don't think you can label anyone as weirdos.

and why not? of course what is weird is totally relative, and someone who might be considered totally weird in one situation would be quite normal in another. When it comes down to it weird is an opinion. So why can't we express that opinion in a forum? Sometimes that opinion is going to say far more about the one expressing the opinion than the person the opinion is about. "Oh you think he is weird, well I think he is quite normal so you must be the weird one"

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

and why not? of course what is weird is totally relative, and someone who might be considered totally weird in one situation would be quite normal in another. When it comes down to it weird is an opinion. So why can't we express that opinion in a forum? Sometimes that opinion is going to say far more about the one expressing the opinion than the person the opinion is about. "Oh you think he is weird, well I think he is quite normal so you must be the weird one"

But what is normal nowadays? Normal is such a subjective term.

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I couldn't agree more!!!

43 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Exactly!!! And it always has been!!!

11 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Then clearly you are not offended by them.

Too lazy to search it myself... where and in what context did I state anything about feeling offended? Doesn't quite sound like my usual choice of vocabulary, so I'm remotely curious.

7 hours ago, shiviex said:

I don't think any prude would go to any adult sim if they are prudish.

You might have missed a thread or a dozen... the current non-adult one is the "I'm an investor with 1 year of SL experience and I want InfoHubs (and probably local chat) removed because I'm traumatized by it after I intentionally seek out to police people at said InfoHubs" incarnation.

Plus you are not clear in your reply. It nowhere says that you meant prudish people  who run around in adult Sims

Of course it's not clear if you put words of your choice in it. In the meantime, you aren't being clear what reply you are referring to. Seems to me like you're reading the initial first reply with the one on top of this page in one and the same breath, although there's like 2 weeks between the posting dates.

Nothing like a now deleted thread about a certain nude beach and its owner insulting "young" looking faces as well as Asian and Anime characters as pedophiles in disguise could be the hint of that reference.

And also I quoted you because I don't think you can label anyone as weirdos.

Can and did. Now what?

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

Exactly, as is weird, so anyone who uses either one is doing no more than pointing out how something looks from their own personal perspective/

4 hours ago, Talligurl said:

"Oh you think he is weird, well I think he is quite normal so you must be the weird one"

Pray tell what "normal" and "weird" is here.

We all got different definitions for normal and weird

Edited by shiviex
  • Like 1
On 7/31/2020 at 12:18 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I don't like spending time reading EVERYTHING in a thread. I felt like replying to this, and do I did.

Edited by shiviex
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, shiviex said:

Pray tell what "normal" and "weird" is here.

We all got different definitions for normal and weird

That was my point, that and that we should be allowed to express our opinion about it. I think the problem is that people think weird is a bad thing and normal is a good thing. That however is not true at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually like being weird so never have really taken offense to it when others use it to describe me. Wouldn't it be a boring RL or SL if everyone thought, spoke, dressed, acted and felt the same way? Diversity is a beautiful thing.

I can't say for sure if the tone in this thread when this discussion first began about "weirdos" was in a complimentary light. It didn't seem to be to me, but that is just how I perceived it. I try not to make assumptions though. If it was meant to be an insult, I don't think it is worth taking offense since people who want to lump an entire group together in a negative light really are not worth the energy it would take for me to get offended. So whether meant negatively or even indifferently...only the person who expressed those opinions can say for sure. That's why it is always a good idea to not assume too much what is typed out since we can't hear the tone it was meant.

Being weird is cool. That's all. Have a great weekend all! ;)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

OMG!!! I never started this thread to discuss weirdness lol!!! 

it is OK, threads often take on a life of their own, we won't hold you responsible.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:
20 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

But what is normal nowadays? 

A setting on the washer..

My first therapist, a few decades back, told me that and I've never forgotten it.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Bagnu said:

OMG!!! I never started this thread to discuss weirdness lol!!! 

Yes, but there was an open insinuation that others who weren't into pixel bumping, were asexual and so on were " weirdos".  

4 minutes ago, Dafadilia said:

Yes, but there was an open insinuation that others who weren't into pixel bumping, were asexual and so on were " weirdos".  

I accidentally became a part of that. I find nothing weird about being asexual. It's only the child AV's I'm not fond of.