Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Perhaps they might be the kind of bible belt thumper that thinks they need to clean up the world. Some investors do get involved in things just to shut them down or change them for what they feel is the better of humanity.

That is of course a very real possibility. Somehow money is always involved with that sort of altruism though....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An asexual friend of mine would not agree with you.  My understanding is that being asexual is no more "weird" than being homosexual or bi-sexual.  Granted, some asexual people still have sex, for var

Some want no sex in SL Some want no kids in SL Some want no furries in SL Some want no fees in SL Some want <insert topic here> in SL   People are people - some wan

Some = rare findings of weirdos crying out loud. Best ignored. Or in other words: "prudishness" is quite the least likely term I'd associate with SL.

Posted Images

On 7/16/2020 at 4:44 PM, Bagnu said:

I don't understand this. Some would prefer SL sexual activity to be removed. But yet we all have RL sex. Why deny that sexuality is a part of life???

You say some, like it's matter of factual. When how many people actually want it removed? We don't know. I don't like sex, but I am sure as heck gonna allow people to explore every avenue of themselves. That is part of human nature. But I have already explored, and have the T-shirt to prove it. Lol. All jokes aside, I honestly don't think it is prude to want to have sex removed. As it is their opinion, and well people can speak their minds. Obviously having to deal with people who will debate their points and come up with logical points as to why they are wrong. At the end of the day, sex sells. So LL would not remove it. It is what makes them the big dolans, and I am sorry. They would be stupid to remove sex altogether as it is a cash cow.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

You say some, like it's matter of factual. When how many people actually want it removed? We don't know. I don't like sex, but I am sure as heck gonna allow people to explore every avenue of themselves. That is part of human nature. But I have already explored, and have the T-shirt to prove it. Lol. All jokes aside, I honestly don't think it is prude to want to have sex removed. As it is their opinion, and well people can speak their minds. Obviously having to deal with people who will debate their points and come up with logical points as to why they are wrong. At the end of the day, sex sells. So LL would not remove it. It is what makes them the big dolans, and I am sorry. They would be stupid to remove sex altogether as it is a cash cow.

I said "some" because I don't think it's very many. One of the reasons I'm here in the forums is to learn about the mixed population's opinions. I only have the opinions of my community inworld. I totally agree that the new investors would lose a lot of money. I would leave for sure if sex were removed,, and so would all of my friends Then no more transactions from any of us.

You are asexual, where as I am fully sexual, but somehow we are agreeing with each other. Might be the T-shirt!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Me too..almost always. Main issue is, can't "multi-quote".

If you haven't upgraded the phone you use in awhile, that might be why.   I use to have that issue myself, solved with a newer phone. ( Mine was on it's way out, it now serves as a remote for my chromecast.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 1:14 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

 

An asexual friend of mine would not agree with you.  My understanding is that being asexual is no more "weird" than being homosexual or bi-sexual.  Granted, some asexual people still have sex, for various reasons, but not all of them.

Than there are those that have chosen celibacy for one reason or another, typically religious, but not always.  I'm not so sure I'd classify them as "weirdos" either.

 

Hehe, that sounds like all who are not having sex irl are wanting to deny sex from everyone here in sl. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Perhaps they might be the kind of bible belt thumper that thinks they need to clean up the world. Some investors do get involved in things just to shut them down or change them for what they feel is the better of humanity.

As toward the cloud it would not really be a work around because depending upon where they kept the base of operations for sl, they would still be bound by that states regulations and laws as to what was allowed in sl.

If someone really thinks that is the way to clean up the world, they need to rethink that because, sex in SL is actually keeping the world cleaner, if people would do the sex only in sl.
Less humans in (RL) world, the more cleaner the world.
Not saying this is my point of view, just commenting here. Not telling what i think.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at a shopping chat while sitting on my boyfriends lap in sl and one person was saying I hope they get rid of all that nastiness! Meaning when and if things change in sl they hope the sex stuff goes.  We had a laugh over that because sex is the bread and butter of sl. There would be a mass exodus if they cut out those parts.
I'll decorate a place/scene to get a a mood set... enjoy dressing up in sl fantasy manner for it. Get dances to have fun and entice. Go on dates to set the mood for something more to come. I can spend a lot of time in sl not having sex actually but being at least kind of sexual in some manner because it's who I am... here more than anywhere too, because it's a safe place to explore. It's just fun and the main reason I'm here anyway.
Anyway, not sure I'd call them prudes but I've seen more talk like this lately too, said in mean ways. It's strange to me when people that have a black and white opinion on how everyone else should be and act. 
Go out and make your corner of sl what you want and enjoy it. Not all people that like the sexual side of sl are rude either. Rude and often selfish people just seem to stick out no matter what opinion they have.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ansiri said:

Less humans in (RL) world, the more cleaner the world.

The cockroaches would definitely win, and devour the last human body.

Edited by Bagnu
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cherylinn said:

Not all people that like the sexual side of sl are rude either. Rude and often selfish people just seem to stick out no matter what opinion they have.

Thank you!!!  Sexual doesn't mean rude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I am indeed speaking for myself. Isn't that the whole point of a discussion on a forum?  The OP was trying to understand something, I was giving my opinion, because that's all anyone can do on a forum, unless they are actually qualified to give out facts, which none of us are here, at least I am not seeing any certificates of accreditation or anything.

This is your exact quote 

Quote

In Second Life, the ones having da sex in real life (ie me) just don't see the need to come into Second Life for this particular activity

It is incorrect. There are plenty of people who have sex with their partners or on the dating scene who come into Second Life for erotic activity. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 cents

 

I think as long as avatars condone in animations that are considered adult and the people in real life driving them do NOT share the experience in realtime to eachother by webcam, any speculation about virtual sex in SL is exactly what it is : speculation only.

You may assume avatars visually 'have sex'  ; you cannot assume RL people use SL for real life sexual release only. If they use SL for said animations at all.

The prudishness is all about perception. There are a lot of adult locations plenty to prove the opposite. But, thankfully just like in real life, sexuality isn' t always all over the place.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

They could decide that only premium members can enter adult regions, thus monetizing the sex and making it less available for anyone that is not a premium or vip member. They could even decide to regulate it and escorts and that anyone who works as one has to pay some sort of fee for being one. That anyone running a sim for sex or bdsm purposes only will have a higher fee. Should they do any of this, again its their choice and no one can really tell them any different. Either you accept the change or you leave.

or

maybe none of the above will happen and everyone is just worrying for nothing.

This I could see if they are involved with the porn industry. If I were porn mogul, I certainly would look towards SL as a possibility for an acquisition. Porn does generate immense profits, and it seems SL is very Adult oriented.

And because SL is not purely Adult, it's an even more open market. I would never have started off joining a site which is strictly about sex. Because there is so much sexual content, it becomes very easy and non-threatening to explore that side of ourselves (and SL). It subtly feeds the porn industry. I became a part of that very quickly in SL so I can't speak against it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2020 at 3:17 PM, Bagnu said:

I'm sorry. I meant no offence. I respect everyone. I do have issues with religious celibacy though. In Catholicism it is mostly based on trying to prevent control by external parties of a priest  by threatening their families (when the church had power). At least that is what a priest once told me anyways. It's not my opinion.

Actually it's about real estate.

In the middle ages in Europe people kept leaving land to priests in their wills.

The Church saw an opportunity. If the Priest had no 'legitimate' children, their estate would pass to the church.

So the Celibacy rule was created, and the Church became the largest landowner in all of Europe in a single generation.

- Priests were and still are having sex all the time; either with voluntary or involuntary partners. We even have a few Popes famous for having the husbands of women they desired murdered... one of which even, in pure Donald Trump form, went after his own daughter.

(Pregnancy among nuns that are under the supervision of priests is currently a rampant problem in much of the Southern Hemisphere...)

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

(Pregnancy among nuns that are under the supervision of priests is currently a rampant problem in much of the Southern Hemisphere...)

Being pedantic, it is the priests that are the rampant problem and the nuns the growing problem.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Actually it's about real estate.

In the middle ages in Europe people kept leaving land to priests in their wills.

The Church saw an opportunity. If the Priest had no 'legitimate' children, their estate would pass to the church.

So the Celibacy rule was created, and the Church became the largest landowner in all of Europe in a single generation.

- Priests were and still are having sex all the time; either with voluntary or involuntary partners. We even have a few Popes famous for having the husbands of women they desired murdered... one of which even, in pure Donald Trump form, went after his own daughter.

(Pregnancy among nuns that are under the supervision of priests is currently a rampant problem in much of the Southern Hemisphere...)

 

I can't argue for or against your point, because i don't have enough info on my end. It will be interesting to look up though!!! Thanks!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It is mostly an issue of the priests assaulting the nuns or even pimping them out...

 

Yick!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway to topic:

Everyone uses SL differently of course. What gets annoying is when people want to push how they use it onto others.

 

Just as with RL 'kink', SL 'kink' gets a lot of judgemental-ism thrown it's way...

You can see it quite often in the various 'adult content' topics.

It's not helped by the fact that SL is one of the only quality online platforms offering this kind of content. While there are various 'XXX simulator' games out there, they're basically phishing scams and not user generated platforms of diverse content.

 

So all the 'freaks' have migrated here... and all the gawkers come here as well to stand around, point, and cast judgement...

 

In every last thread about 'how can we make SL grow and be successful again' there's a crowd of people who harp on the notion of 'get rid of all those freaks in the XXX-scene'... and these folks believe this mantra about as hard as I believe that... the 'XXX-scene' is pretty much the only thing keeping SL alive in a world full of vastly better 3D-online character experiences...

From themepark to sandbox MMOs, I can get pretty much everything SL has to offer, done better... except for the 'sexy time'...

and then if you look at the 'XXX-simulator' games, everything sucks about them, except for the animations of the XXX... often even the avatars suck by stint of being the same highly generic 'bimbo meets guy in mullet who looks like he belongs in a trailer park' themes seen on the 'professional side' of adult-videos... (with the exception that I can't see see the bloodshot eyes or count the needle marks on the arm of the game character)...

Ever try 'Conan Exiles'... it's an example of how a poorly made video game with subpar avatar animations and a fail of a game engine can become a blockbuster hit merely by providing a character creation slider to adjust [word for male anatomy] length... and the ability for you to view the results (but oddly you cannot change the direction you're moving while 'viewing' those results).

 

SL is kept alive by being a place that offers this content at quality...

Yet it's also got its folks who find outrage in that situation...

 

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2020 at 4:44 PM, Bagnu said:

I don't understand this. Some would prefer SL sexual activity to be removed. But yet we all have RL sex. Why deny that sexuality is a part of life???

sigh

On 7/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, Marigold Devin said:

Being fat is also part of being life, but very few people have an avatar that resembles their real life body shape and size. 

In Second Life, the ones having da sex in real life (ie me) just don't see the need to come into Second Life for this particular activity, although I personally would NOT prefer SL sexual activity to be removed.  I'm no prude, although because I don't participate in anything sexual in Second Life, "friends" have tried to "convert" me to the "joys" of cyber sex!!! (sound of me hitting my head on the table). 

To be fair, a lot are actually embracing the larger figure avatar. 

 

Edited by Tarina Sewell
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TDD123 said:

2 cents

 

I think as long as avatars condone in animations that are considered adult and the people in real life driving them do NOT share the experience in realtime to eachother by webcam, any speculation about virtual sex in SL is exactly what it is : speculation only.

You may assume avatars visually 'have sex'  ; you cannot assume RL people use SL for real life sexual release only. If they use SL for said animations at all.

The prudishness is all about perception. There are a lot of adult locations plenty to prove the opposite. But, thankfully just like in real life, sexuality isn' t always all over the place.

Well said.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   I don't understand the cyclical need for discussions here, drawing appreciable distinctions between human behavior here in SL, and in real space.

Don't question it and don't try to understand it. It will only send you down a weird rabbit hole. Lol. But honestly who cares if someone is a prude, or someone who is into sex? At the end of the day, we live out our SL to how we want.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an amusing encounter in Bellisseria a few months ago; one of my friends had just picked up a new house there and invited me round to see what he'd done so far with the decorating.  While we were standing around in his house talking about home furnishings, someone else suddenly tp'd in to the room, stayed a few seconds, then left again. At first I assumed it was the house's previous resident who still had "set home" there, but on inspection of the person's profile, they were a member of some kind of anti-sex group trying to get adult content banned from SL. So I am guessing they were looking for homes where there were two green dots together and were hoping to catch us in the act so they could yell at us and tell us how immoral we were.

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

I had an amusing encounter in Bellisseria a few months ago; one of my friends had just picked up a new house there and invited me round to see what he'd done so far with the decorating.  While we were standing around in his house talking about home furnishings, someone else suddenly tp'd in to the room, stayed a few seconds, then left again. At first I assumed it was the house's previous resident who still had "set home" there, but on inspection of the person's profile, they were a member of some kind of anti-sex group trying to get adult content banned from SL. So I am guessing they were looking for homes where there were two green dots together and were hoping to catch us in the act so they could yell at us and tell us how immoral we were.

 

I would be one of their prime targets lol!!! That would have been interesting if it were me and a friend or client they barged in on. I believe sex IS moral, and I would have argued the point very fervently!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 74 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...