You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 77 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An asexual friend of mine would not agree with you.  My understanding is that being asexual is no more "weird" than being homosexual or bi-sexual.  Granted, some asexual people still have sex, for var

Some want no sex in SL Some want no kids in SL Some want no furries in SL Some want no fees in SL Some want <insert topic here> in SL   People are people - some wan

Some = rare findings of weirdos crying out loud. Best ignored. Or in other words: "prudishness" is quite the least likely term I'd associate with SL.

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I'm sorry. I meant no offence. I respect everyone.

No you don't.  You determined from the start that people who don't wish to allow sexual activities at all in SL cannot be understood.  If you had a genuine question about people's preferences you wouldn't have preempted their answers by saying they are denying sexuality as a fact of life.

As for your saying 'we all have sex' - well, the ignorance is astonishing, and then trying to rope in a religious requirement to 'go forth and multiply' - that is hypocritical, as you say you are not religious.

No, I'm not bothering to quote your text except for the first because I simply cannot give you the respect you deny others.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Some = rare findings of weirdos crying out loud. Best ignored.

Or in other words: "prudishness" is quite the least likely term I'd associate with SL.

How dare you insult people in this way.  Just because some do not share your views does not entitle you to dismiss them with rudeness.  Perhaps you think that if you are in the majority then a large number of people 'liking' your post will confirm you in your stance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Caroline Takeda said:

Check what responded to 🙂

What you responded to...

c0dd0acbc7fe935d5eeab40c6ac9a2b8.png

I have to agree with Sukubia's take on this one.  It does appear as though you are saying people who have chosen celibacy (ie don't want sex) are weirdos.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, Caroline Takeda said:
15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Than there are those that have chosen celibacy for one reason or another, typically religious, but not always.  I'm not so sure I'd classify them as "weirdos" either.

I am sure actually.

In my Yoga meditation community I've known quite a few monastics who choose celibacy so that their focus can more easily be on other goals. Not all of them do, but some.  Sexual pursuits can take quite a lot of time, especially the demands of family life, and that's not time some are willing to take from other goals they prefer. This doesn't mean they think sex is bad -- they're just making a choice for themselves as to what they want in their life.

31 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

No you don't.  You determined from the start that people who don't wish to allow sexual activities at all in SL cannot be understood.  If you had a genuine question about people's preferences you wouldn't have preempted their answers by saying they are denying sexuality as a fact of life.

Peoples personal preferences (= the things they chose your themselves) and wanting to disallow all sexual activities in SL are not the same thing. Are you really going to be upset, because she isn't going in with the soft gloves, when it comes to people wanting to dictate what others do in _their_ SL time? Especially considering what she does in SL and how those who want all adult content gone are probably (I'm assuming that ofc, she may correct me here if I'm wrong) seen as attacking her lifestyle/who she is.

Considering that... well, is that really a basis to call for respect?

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I don't understand this. Some would prefer SL sexual activity to be removed. But yet we all have RL sex. Why deny that sexuality is a part of life???

You've kind of stepped in it here by not being more specific. Your title says "confused about SL prudishness" .  Perhaps you should acknowledge there are many reasons why some would prefer not to have sexual experiences in SL but that you are confused about the ones who don't because they are "prudish"? There are some this could apply to indeed, but I'd say they are in the minority.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Paladin Tyran said:
16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
17 hours ago, Bagnu said:

But yet we all have RL sex. Why deny that sexuality is a part of life???

16 hours ago, Bagnu said:

It's so true that only weirdos would deny our sexuality!!!

My understanding is that being asexual is no more "weird" than being homosexual or bi-sexual.

they are weird not because they like sex activities or not, it is because they want to forbid others to do it. There many activities in sl i  like and many i don't. I don't want those i don't like forbiden. I just chose to do something else.

Re-read my post, I was NOT referring to Lillith's comment on weird (i.e. about people in SL wanting to forbid it).   I quoted Bagnu and my comment was specifically in reference to her comments.

• Like 2

I am Asexual, and I don't bump pixel uglies, nor do I partake in the adult side of things. But I don't see it as prude that some people don't want to have sex, nor that they don't like sex in SL. At the end of the day, it is their opinion. Yeah do I like the fact that everyone and their grandma is hypersexualized? No, but that is not my place to tell them how they should live.

• Like 2

Sl sex is not really sex in the way that it's not work when I say to my boss that I'm working but I reality I just watch a fly siting on a box. 

You just saying that you do something but in reality you are eating a jam sandwich or shoping. 

• Thanks 1

I did my fair share of SL sex back in the beginning but in all honesty, cybering (and that's all it is, really) does nothing for me and I find it boring. Add voice and it just gets infinitely more embarrassing. I don't mind flirting and I enjoy a little romance, but pixel-bumping is just words and pictures. If I'm going to exchange words with someone I'd much rather that they be part of a deep and meaningful conversation than a few dirty words passed back and forth whilst watching us cycle through a bunch of x-rated animations. 

What I do like a lot is being naked. Maybe because I consider my avatar's appearance to be a creation, something I've made, like a piece of art, and I like to show off what I've made. Unfortunately everyone else seems to assume that nakedness is an invitation.

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I did my fair share of SL sex back in the beginning but in all honesty, cybering (and that's all it is, really) does nothing for me and I find it boring. Add voice and it just gets infinitely more embarrassing. I don't mind flirting and I enjoy a little romance, but pixel-bumping is just words and pictures. If I'm going to exchange words with someone I'd much rather that they be part of a deep and meaningful conversation than a few dirty words passed back and forth whilst watching us cycle through a bunch of x-rated animations. 

I have done my fair share too, and I have gotten to that age where as you said none of that stimulates me at all. I would rather a good conversation, a dance, a cuddle. I am 30, and even in my RL, I don't get stimulated by sex either. I have done my fair share of the nasty in the pasty, and I am good now.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

What I do like a lot is being naked. Maybe because I consider my avatar's appearance to be a creation, something I've made, like a piece of art, and I like to show off what I've made. Unfortunately everyone else seems to assume that nakedness is an invitation.

I remember back in the "olden days" of SL when I got my first SL job as a stripper.  I would be there dancing away on stage and I would be sitting here bright red saying "omg they can see me naked!!!!"  I'm still a bit uptight about being naked in SL, which is really odd cos I am totally the reverse in my RL, but it's not quite as bad now.  I tend to keep my nudity in SL to doing erotic pictures.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I'm still a bit uptight about being naked in SL, which is really odd cos I am totally the reverse in my RL, but it's not quite as bad now. 

Oh wanna talk about uptight, I am uptight in both worlds. Lol. To the point I will only sleep in my underwear and a shirt.

8 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Does it make me a prude if I find it creepy that a site with so much focus on sex also allows child avatars?

That's a clear... perhaps. I'd link it to how much of a link you see between two completely different "flavours" which can easily co-exist without ever intercepting.

I'd rather see the problem in those creeps who bend that co-existence till it breaks.

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

How dare you insult people in this way.  Just because some do not share your views does not entitle you to dismiss them with rudeness.  Perhaps you think that if you are in the majority then a large number of people 'liking' your post will confirm you in your stance.

What's the matter with you, missed your cup of (insert favourite drink here) in the morning or why are you so angry? Have you never seen those next to insane threads of, well, overly concerned beings who insist that SL must be freed from any activity and depiction that is not to their liking, especially after they have willingly chosen to be confronted with stuff that offends them? I'm willing to bet (...uuugh, gambling, how could you...) that something along those lines happened and thus gave the inspiration for this thread.

Those threads are usually hilarious and I laugh at them, just like I laugh at your overreaction. You missed the quite obvious line in this case - it's not about folks saying, "I don't like / enjoy it, I'm doing other things, so what", but rather extreme cases blasting out, "I don't like it, I demand that it has to go!". Which is where, well, your second sentence would kinda make perfect sense.

Enjoy the free karma points for the emoji reaction, if you're so focused on fishing for reactions. 😎

• Like 3

As an asexual and having a bunny fursona (In some parts of the furry community, bunnies are known to be VERY sexually active.) I am also disabled as well, So! Imma put my two pence in. 

I apologise for the length of this, but I am very much a sex positive person, and sorry if it doesn't make a lot of sense, I tried my best.

While true, there are some who want adult fun times to be removed from SL.  But they are a small percentage of that,  adult activities are easy enough to avoid depending on the sims you go to.   

If they really want to see what a virtual reality platform would be like without allowing adults to do what they wish to then they need to take a trip to IMVU where you can only access "adult content" ( i use this term very loosely as they don't actually allow the act of said activities or any aroused items. ), they'd get exactly what they want.  I'm not sure if they changed their rules on that or not though, I left IMVU back in 2013.

As mentioned, sexual content in secondlife is easy enought to avoid if you don't want to be a part of it.   Removing it from second life would cause a lot of people to leave, from regular users to the creators who have essentially established empires putting out toys for the adult community to play with.

There is a large disabled community here too, some of them also engage in those activities here because of their disabilities keeping them from doing it RL. Sure, some could go else, but there is a lot more here that engages those primal parts of the brain that for some disabled folks who had to rewire their own ( it is possible, someone whose lost use of their lower body can still feel pleasure by other means, having thier thumb stroked and it does provide them with the same feeling. ) in order to feel pleasure once more.

Also as mentioned, I'm asexual.  I see no issue with what's in-world or on the marketplace, I've been here since I turned 18 on and off on various accounts that have been lost to time and in one case due to a time of my life were I was here to escape from an rl abusive ex.

In fact, I engage in it! Not only out of pleasure for myself, but because I find it to be fascinating to see the imaginations of other people when you introduce written ERP and the use of a 3d model with the scripting and animations we have.  I wouldn't exactly be upset if it was out right removed, but like others I would just leave. What's the point of an adult platform if we can't do one thing that makes adults happy?

Edited by Mortified Wanderer
  • Like 5
41 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

"  I'm still a bit uptight about being naked in SL, which is really odd cos I am totally the reverse in my RL,

What is your view on video chating?

I have time on the weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Mortified Wanderer said:

I wouldn't exactly be upset if it was out right removed, but like others I would just leave. What's the point of an adult platform if we can't do one thing that makes adults happy?

If you wouldn't exactly be upset by it if it got removed, then why are you here in the first place?   

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, Eseme Nova said:

If you wouldn't exactly be upset by it if it got removed, then why are you here in the first place?   

Because she logs on to do other things, besides bumping pixel uglies. Why does it matter?

• Like 4
Just now, Eseme Nova said:

Community.

Simple as that, All the sims I frequent are sex centered.  But I have found friends in those places,  removal of it means they'd probably leave too.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mortified Wanderer said:

Community.

Simple as that, All the sims I frequent are sex centered.  But I have found friends in those places,  removal of it means they'd probably leave too.  

I am the exact same way as you. I log in to shop, take photos, go to clubs and to hang with close friends and to meet new people.  Bumping pixel uglies is the furthest thing from my mind.

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 77 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.