LIVE Performer & my Broadcaster Board

IMGypsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been in SL 9 years.  In that time I have used Live performers and put them on my Broadcaster board which is one of the best.  Other then in the beginning missing very few times when it did not work (but found the answer) and works.  NOW I have a live performer and (this is not a question for the maker of the board) when I put the name in as it is shown on the profile - suddenly it adds resident.  And I even copied the name directly from the profile and the name was totally change.  NOT his Avatar name at all.  OK I am perplexed.  The performer gave him his login name - still not working.  HELP!!!  I try to make it easy for my performers to logon to the board if by chance SL is wonky and I cannot get inworld.  HELP HELP HELP!

1 hour ago, IMGypsy said:

(this is not a question for the maker of the board)

Not sure whether it means you've already contacted the board creator, or what. I'm guessing this is the result of some as yet unknown side-effect of the recent feature allowing names to be changed (and last names added), but it would have to be something very specific to the board's scripting, otherwise everybody would be having the problem with many scripts.

1 hour ago, IMGypsy said:

NOT his Avatar name at all.

This is very bizarre, if it means what it seems to say. Somehow, not only was "Resident" added, but it came up with some other name altogether? And... it was a legitimate avatar name, or just random characters?? If that's true, something is very, very wrong with the script.

I'm not even quite sure I understand the whole point of entering the performer's name into the board. Is this to get the board to correctly authorize the performer at login? If so, do we know for sure that this part doesn't work, even though the board is reporting a different name?

Edited by Qie Niangao

No this started over two weeks ago and means I have to manual put the stream in.  So very very frustrating and why would it change the way I put the name in?  NOW if I was a noob just starting to use boards for broadcasting....  Yes, it makes every DJ and live performer able to log in without having to have anyone there (when I cannot get inworld - the show must go on..  The Board is working fine.  I may just have to submit a ticket since I am a premium member.  Thought I would see if anyone might know the answer.  thanks

It is bizarre - no the name that inserted was close to the avatar name!  A mystery for sure.  When I resolve it, I will share what happened.  A fluke or a flaw in his name.  The boards are updated when updates come along and never never has this ever happened in all these years.

Yes but the board is having a problem now, so either the problem is in the board itself, or in some LSL function it's using, and the board creator is kinda the only person who can figure out what that problem is and if necessary report it as a jira in such a way LL can hope to fix it.

I would love to see the source code -- I guarantee we'd have a solution in a half hour -- but the creator is rightfully the only one who can see that code, so... even if it's not the board's "fault" -- I understand it's a fine product that's long served you well -- nonetheless it's really only that creator who can figure out what's going wrong.

(Well... that is, unless some other user has experience with that board, or some other scripted item with similar problems. So it was a very good idea to post here in hopes somebody had a clue, but that's looking kinda doubtful as the hours go by and we're all floundering around unhelpfully.)

NO - I put in two new performers - the one was fine but the second was not.  Not a glitch in the board - trust me I am not a noob.  And I may not be a programmer but it is something with the AV name - so I will file a case on it.  Thx everyone - I thought I might put it out here.  BUT it simply is not the board.  

YES and that was when Daffy had to issue new boards to everyone which these are those boards.  I have a couple other minds I will be talking to because it simply is very weird.

Edited by IMGypsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.