Video card.

Jigai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I don't know which thread/post you couldn't respond to so I can't even guess what you might be experiencing as a problem.  What I can tell you is that your card  is 3 1/2 to 4 years old.  That, in itself is not a particularly bad thing.  But, very often, when video cards (actually any hardware device) get to that age the manufacturers stop issuing new drivers for the devices.  This is the case with your video card.  That last driver released for your card is now what is called a "legacy" driver and can be found here:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx

You might want to go to that site, download the legacy driver and install it.

I hope this helps.  Since I can only guess at the problem, I just picked the most likely issue you may be having.

Thanks Charolott :)

If that is the case and Jigi has upgraded the computer with a discrete card, then the onboard (IGP) must be disabled for the discrete to work.  Windows 7 and (I believe Vista) will automatically disable the IGP when a new discrete card is installed..........I can't remember if XP does that (probably not).  Jigi needs to make sure the video card is enabled and the IGP is disabled.  Refer to the owners/operations manual on how to enter the computer's setup utility and how to make changes to the CMOS.  Usually, you enter the setup by pressing "F8" or "Delete" during the boot up process.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.