Strange Things Happening in Belli

Eirynne Sieyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope I'm not repeating a thread already here. I have not seen a thread of Belli / LH anomalies. So...

Objects and textures can take an inordinate amount of time to rez.

Adding an attachment won't wear, or it will take a long time to register as worn.

A shape change can result in some attachments dropping. (Thankfully not hair, so far.)

Ordinary prims oddly become Full Bright at one of my LHs. They will not let me untick Full Bright. I delete them.

These deleted objects go away forever. They never heard of the Trash folder.

There is difficulty unlinking parts of builds.

Has anybody else experienced any of these things?

Could this be related to the cloud move? You know, the one that should be transparent...

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes

Does it happen in a premium sandbox too, or just Belli?

Have you tried relogging?

This is all the Grid Status says right now.

Investigating - The Friends section of the Dashboard on secondlife.com is currently show all of your friends offline, even if they actually are online. Our engineers are investigating.
Jul 15, 16:40 PDT

Still got your big "FIX THE GRID" signs from 2008?

Everything I mentioned happens in Belli; and the full bright problem has repeated 3 times in a single Belli home yesterday and a few days before. Attachment loss happened at a different LH Belli home this afternoon. Reattaching HUD problems occurred on a mainland shopping region. Slow rezzing happens often though I need to be more mindful to track where. 

I've checked the computer, bandwidth, internet connection; it's not that. All Ok.

No problem with sandboxes, and it's not about re logging. The issues have been intermittent over the past few days.

It is disconcerting that none of you are noticing same. Time to switch computers and see how that pans out.

Thanks.

woodchuck_171.png

• Haha 1

I've not had any of the issues mentioned.  I just logged in to see if this might be something recent. The area rezzed in quickly and just fine. Attachments promptly attached and detached. Rezzed a prim, no full bright.  The deleted object went into my trash folder. Unlinking builds works fine, no issues there.  Even did a shape change twice and everything attached properly.

Perhaps check some of your settings. I know a few years ago, I didn't realize I had something checked that turned everything I rezzed to alpha mode and I'd have to fix it.

A suggestion, do try as Sylvia suggested, another viewer and see if these issues persist there. And then if they don't persist there, and if you are using Firestorm viewer, try clearing your cache settings, if that doesn't fix the issue then try doing a clean install of your Firestorm Viewer.

• Like 2

@Ziggy Starsmith FYI, I've made most of my money as a tech support rep.  There is a step by step process for isolating what's causing the issue.  @Sylvia Tamalyn is spot on:  First see if it's related to the browser (or more precisely for SL, the viewer) being used.  If the problem persists, check if it's a hardware issue and have the user attempt to replicate the bug on another computer, if they have one (the user in question here has indicated that they do).  If the problem persists, then it's on the company's side of things, not the customer's.  This is a VITAL step, as the first thing the Dev Team will ask Tech Support is did you check to make sure it's not a user-created issue?  Can you replicate the issue?  Next would be to see if it's just that one parcel, or others.  Folks here are on the right track.  The only thing that's off track?  Well, your comment.

• Like 7

I don't see these problems either.  Altho it's always good to check one's client (and maybe a backup settings/reinstall might be the quickest way of debugging that part of it), I see why your initial instinct was to wonder about the servers.  Everything you describe could be caused by an intermittent or unreliable connection to LL's servers, and although you've checked out your network, I'm still wondering if SL is experiencing network issues.   Do you use SL's statistics panel?  If so, do your sim ping and dropped packet numbers look OK?

Another thing that can cause SL issues is if your primary DNS server is down, and the secondary one isn't quite doing the job.  SL always used to do a large number of lookups, hard to believe that's changed. 

The only thing that discourages me from suspecting something about the network is that you do not say you're experiencing crashes.  If your connection to the servers was bad enough to cause all this weird behavior, I'd expect to see some crashing on teleporting also.  hmmm.

Wrt the viewer cache, for such severe problems I wouldn't just clear the cache, I'd delete the whole cache folder.  Your viewer will rebuild it.  But unless it's gotten majorly corrupted, I wouldn't think that would be the problem.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

@Ziggy Starsmith FYI, I've made most of my money as a tech support rep.  There is a step by step process for isolating what's causing the issue.  @Sylvia Tamalyn is spot on:  First see if it's related to the browser (or more precisely for SL, the viewer) being used.  If the problem persists, check if it's a hardware issue and have the user attempt to replicate the bug on another computer, if they have one (the user in question here has indicated that they do). 

What does it mean if I've been online with the same computer, with the same browser, at the same problem region (the Full Bright, skip-the-trash one) today. No changes, and no problems.

What is that about? I plan on immediately moving to another browser the next time I glitch.

19 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

The only thing that discourages me from suspecting something about the network is that you do not say you're experiencing crashes.  If your connection to the servers was bad enough to cause all this weird behavior, I'd expect to see some crashing on teleporting also.  hmmm.

Actually, I have been crashing recently. Hmmmm... That's been more of a problem some days than the other issues, which are comparably rare overall. Just a few instances of the very odd stuff...

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.