Victorian home preferences . . .

Liaa Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all

I have finally found a Vic in a lovely location but am so indecisive as to which home to choose. I wondered if those with Vics or those who've had them, could give me pros & cons of each home; what did you love or not love about them pls? Pics welcome and apologies if there's already a similar thread

14 minutes ago, Chad Marbach said:

You can choose what Victorian you want when you get the property.  And you can also change the choice after  via your mailbox there.

It looks to me like she knows that, and is asking which model we each prefer to help her decide on which to use on her own parcel. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Lia Starlight said:

Hey all

I have finally found a Vic in a lovely location but am so indecisive as to which home to choose. I wondered if those with Vics or those who've had them, could give me pros & cons of each home; what did you love or not love about them pls? Pics welcome and apologies if there's already a similar thread

Congrats! I don't currently have a Vic, but I've had some in the past, and always wound up using the Doyle model since it's the smallest. I find the larger ones to be hard to furnish, though the staircases in them are so pretty. My second fave is the Shelley, since it seems smaller than the Verne and Hardy. With smaller homes, I can add a lot of little clutter details, which is what I like best about decorating.

One thing you might try is just wandering through some of the Vic regions and seeing how people have decorated the various home models, to give you an idea what they can look like when furnished. There are also plenty of photos in the photo threads here too, of course.  :) 

• Like 5

I will use either the Doyle or Verne.  And it really depends on the parcel and surrounding landscape. With some parcels the fences are higher and the Doyle is hard to see, so I would use the Verne.  One reason I like both these houses is that they just feel more open compared to the others.  Also anytime I get a parcel I really want to keep I will go thru all the houses and do a walk around to see what the view is from inside the house.

• Like 4

Thanks everybody . . .

@Chad Marbach  . . . @Sylvia Tamalyn is correct, I did mean which of the four to choose as i'm terrible with making decisions and couldn't decide! Thanks for replying though because that will help others who don't realise they can change their house style

@Sylvia Tamalyn . . . that's a good point about clutter, I too like this so that has given me something to go on, thanks.

@karynmaria I like the Verne for that reason too, the huge window at the front gives a great view and really makes it feel spacious

@Marianne Little . . . thanks so much for letting me go to see your home! I saw the pool add on and was thinking of getting it, so am excited to see it before I do, if I go with Verne. Your home is beautiful, absolutely stunning, and such a fab location, i'm very jealous xd

@Kelli Voom. . . Thanks, i'll have another look at that one

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Back in December I've started with the Shelley but found it to be way too big for just one person using it, so I've switched to the Verne since it is slightly smaller than the Shelly. I LOVED my Verne, but after 5 months I still craved something smaller, so I just ended up with the Doyle. It's enough for one person and also leaves enough room for a little clutter to make it look more "homey". 

• Like 5

When I had a Vic I had the Hardy style as i felt it was the easiest to decorate. I liked how spacious it was but felt some of the rooms were either a bit large for how I used them or such as with the bay front room the window placements weren't ideal and made how I wanted to use the room a little tricky. I did like the large room with the window nook it was just the right size to fit most sofas in. If I were to ever go back to a Vic I'd get another Hardy. I don't really like the homes with the rounded corners, I am tempted by the Doyle but it feels just a bit on the small side.

• Like 3

I have used all the models except for the Hardy.  Usually I go with the Doyle because it is a good size for one person.  If the parcel has an outstanding view, I try out different models and look out the windows to see which one has the best view of the view  :)  Yesterday I accidentally picked up a lakeside Vic with gorgeous willows and a park view, but the house is oriented sideways to the lake (bummer), so after some back and forth I picked the Shelley because it is centered on the lot (the Verne is positioned way to the right) and has an add on for a side deck on the right side so now there is a good view from the deck.  Hope you find a model that is just right for you!

• Like 3

The Verne is my favorite layout.  I find it is just big enough.  I picked up a Victorian a little over a week ago and the parcel screamed Verne! No plans to get rid of this beauty anytime soon.

willow cottage2_001 (1).png

• Like 7

In a Doyle at the moment, because mesh babies eat prims and there's no way I could furnish a bigger house and have enough to rez a kid. I like it better than I thought I would; being on the seafront gives it a holiday cottage kind of vibe. The layout of the Hardy is great but the size makes it a challenge to decorate within the prim allowance. Before that I had the Shelley, which is my favourite in terms of kerb appeal; I added a couple of internal walls to get a cloakroom and an extra bedroom. I think that was the most versatile of the three. Not tried the Verne yet because the white tower bothered me and I was too cheap to buy a shell.

• Like 1

I keep wanting to love the Vics, but for some reason, I can't manage to keep them. The Doyle is my favorite, because it's the smallest. Then there's the Verne, because I love wraparound porches. They seem to work for any parcel. I can't bear to have the same house as a neighbor, so that limits me sometimes: whether its the color I choose or the style. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Artair Glendullen said:

I love the Verne (and so do... most of my neighbors, unfortunately). There's a lot of neat stuff you can do with the space, even though some of it's kind of odd and might seem difficult to work with at first.

I went with the Verne, but yeah the rooms aren't too easy to furnish with the curved window areas and small straight walls, but I like a challenge!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.