Jump to content
  • 0
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi.

I hope this will get the attention of someone from LL.  Sending a support ticket involves knowing everything about your computer doesn't work for me as I don't know everything about my computer/laptop; just enough to get by on and fix minor problems.  Anything more complicated than that and I'm left scratching my head since I have no clue where to locate the information the ticket wants and won't let you skip it.

This morning, I logged in and was shunted off to another sim.  Unfortunately, it was an adult sim, not where I really wanted to be.  Now I understand when a  region is offline you will get sent somewhere else, but I would prefer not to end up in an adult sim where I would be accosted by some unwelcome invitations.  What would be good would be one of the Help Islands or Orientation Island or just plain dropped in the Blake Seas regions or given a choice as to where to go when a sim is offline.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
31 minutes ago, Amza Hydraconis said:

What would be good would be one of the Help Islands or Orientation Island or just plain dropped in the Blake Seas regions or given a choice as to where to go when a sim is offline.

everybody simply goes to a random hub when the restarts are rolling. If you end on one you don't like, tp to a place from your liking?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

everybody simply goes to a random hub when the restarts are rolling. If you end on one you don't like, tp to a place from your liking?

And if you would like to propose a new way of doing things, the way to do it is to submit a JIRA report and classify it as a New Feature Request.  Lindens will not respond to requests like this in the forums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I wonder...does setting your Content preferences in Prefs\General keep you from going to an Adult region when the automatic re-routing system goes into effect?  (Of course, even if it does, you'd have to set that BEFORE the occurrence, which would limit your access to Adult areas all the time.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
52 minutes ago, Amza Hydraconis said:

I hope this will get the attention of someone from LL.  Sending a support ticket involves knowing everything about your computer doesn't work for me as I don't know everything about my computer/laptop; just enough to get by on and fix minor problems.  Anything more complicated than that and I'm left scratching my head since I have no clue where to locate the information the ticket wants and won't let you skip it.

First off, it is unlikely LL will see this.

As to your computer specs, you can find pretty much everything that LL needs to know by starting the viewer, without logging in, and click on Help / About.  That gives info on your computer OS, graphics card & driver, and the viewer being used, as well as a few other misc items.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...