Unlisted due to banned text

Canis Canning

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I got the first message reading:

The following product has been automatically unlisted due to banned text in the keywords_in_all_languages field: 16 lustige Bilder auf prims mit transparentem Hintergrund.

I looked at the product and it looks totally innocent. So what is wrong with these keywords?

Keywords in the english version are: picture,decoration,party,carnival,birthday,kid,child,kids,childs,rezzday,club,celebration

Keywords in the German version are: bild, Bilder,Dekoration,Party,Karnval,Fasching,Geburtstag,Kind,Kinder,Rezztag

I thought: Ok, one product is banned, who cares. But today I got another 6 similar messages and 6 more unlisted products. All these products are in markeztplace for more thatn 10 years now.

What can I do?

Edited by Canis Canning
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Canis Canning said:

lustige Bilder

throw this in a translator and you have your answer :)

to english and back gives "lustvolle Bilder"... that doesn't sound very right :SwingingFriends: ... even it's not the original meaning, in translation it gets a bit nasty sound.

• Thanks 1

It now also happens when I try edit it and activate it newly. I tried to delete the keywords, but it did not help, it still gets instantly unlisted when I try to set it to active.

I even do not know what is this field "keywords_in_all_languages". There are only fields in the form for each language, not for all languages.

------------

@ Alwin *lol* so there should not be somethinmg like funny in German ;) ??? But now i tried it with translate.google.com: lustige Bilder -> funny pictures > lustige Bilder

Edited by Canis Canning

In several cases I now found out it were the words "Kind" and "Kinder" in the german keywords or description. Child in english is allowed. The term "keywords_in_all_languages " means keywords in other languages than english.

Edited by Canis Canning
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lutricia Roux said:

But why is "Kinder" not allowed as a keyword in German?! Anyone knows? 🧐

See the quote in the original post: "The following product has been automatically unlisted due to banned text in the keywords_in_all_languages field: 16 lustige Bilder auf prims mit transparentem Hintergrund."

Nowhere in that message is "kinder" included.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

See the quote in the original post: "The following product has been automatically unlisted due to banned text in the keywords_in_all_languages field: 16 lustige Bilder auf prims mit transparentem Hintergrund."

Nowhere in that message is "kinder" included.

No, neither did I say that? I am refering to that in the tab for German, when you remove the keyword "Kinder" that got the listing banned, it goes active. "Kind" is ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voodoo Schnyder said:

I received the same error today. Got an email notification about the removal, for a product that had been up for years now. I removed all keywords, updated it, and it still returns the same error.

Check the keywords in other languages. For me, I tried just as you did, to remove all English keywords. Then I saw this post and removed either all German keywords (automatically added in English) or the actual German words I added myself (where "Kinder" was the word prohibited, not "Kind").

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i have no idea really what the marketplace banned words list is

That makes two of us. No wait, that makes 7.594 billions of us since nobody but nobody knows. Not even the Lindens themselves.

4 hours ago, Lutricia Roux said:

But why is "Kinder" not allowed as a keyword in German?! Anyone knows? 🧐

I suppose they don't want a kinder Second Life. :P

A friend of mine once listed an item with a land impact of 7 (or maybe it was a different number - this was a while ago). It wasn't banned but it was bumped to A rating because of a naughty word in the description. It turned out "7 LI" was the problem. Once he changed it to "7 land impact" all was well.

When I use textures, animations or such by others for my builds, I usually try to give credits to the creators. I couldn't do it for my Oak 01 series of trees though because most of the foliage textures were made by Ani Davidov and it turned out Ani was a blocked word.

There are countless examples like these and worse. LL even managed to block the name of one of their own projects once.

• Like 2

I was hit by the same automatic unlisting and opened a support ticket. After finding this thread here, I deleted the german word for children (Kinder) from the german description and the listing was accepted. I added this to my ticket (which was meanwhile answered by Dakota Linden, who asked to let him know if the trigger-word should not trigger the filters, so it can be escalated to the supervisors.

Whirly's reason is very likely your problem.  When LL put in the list to ban company/product names, they didn't bother to take 'word context' into account.  Someone else tries to use "converse" (as in 'talk') and the system wouldn't let them because there is a shoe company called Converse.

The word filter, in the MP and here in the forums, has absolutely no brains behind it at all. It is simply a list of words that are not allowed.  We have had people's name get **** out here on the forums because some letters in the middle of their name spell slang words considered sexual.

• Like 1

I just got on my email and have the exact same issue with a bunch of my items, but mainly my d*sney inspired ones, but I don't have anything labled D*sney in my listings at all. And I do have some Japanese words in my keywords but nearly all of my listings have the same exact ones listed....I hope they don't get all taken off.

11 minutes ago, PrincessUsagi said:

I just got on my email and have the exact same issue with a bunch of my items, but mainly my d*sney inspired ones, but I don't have anything labled D*sney in my listings at all. And I do have some Japanese words in my keywords but nearly all of my listings have the same exact ones listed....I hope they don't get all taken off.

Woops I figured it out. How stupid I am. I didn't even realize that the other language tabs were prefilled with my ORIGINAL text from years ago and only now are getting banned -_- I didn't even know those tabs existed, shows how much I pay attention.

• Moderators

Greetings, ALL!

We are aware that many users are having their items unlisted for having banned text in their product triggering on the word "kinder" under the German Language options and Kristin, a kind and competent supervisor, has been alerted to the issue. 

Please be patient while the issue is investigated!

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.