Looking for a builder

ColdCrux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, 

I would like to apologize if I am sending this request on this form.  I am new and quite frankly, this is somewhat confusing.  That said:

I just joined Second Life (Username: ColdCrux). And I have a problem, I am trying to post for help in your community, but I keep getting notified that I don't have access.  Before I signed up for Second Life, I was told that I could seek help or builders in the community section, but I am not able to seek advice.

My request for assistance is as follows:

I am scheduled to speak @TEDx in September, but due to COVID, the event may not be live but virtual.  I want to make my entire speech as if I was inside a video game.

Please excuse my terminology; I am not familiar with the exact terms used for this type of project so, bear with me.  For example, I just discovered the term "live-animation." 

What I want to do maybe a "game-changer." " I am a keynote speaker, and like everyone else, I have been speaking virtual due to Covid-19.

So here is what I hope to do.  I want to make a presentation, but instead of sitting in front of a camera/webcam, speaking to people and delivering my virtual lecture, with my slides in the background...

I want to make my lecture as if I were on stage in a video game.  I want to take my likeness & voice and put it on a digital/animated stage with a digital/animated audience and digital/animated theater.

I saw a television show (NBC's The Blacklist) where the actors, because of COVID, did most of the show in the arrangement of a video game.

Does this make sense?  I am not familiar with the graphics within the video game culture and was wondering if this concept of my can or will work?

The project does not have to be "live-animation." " Therefore, if you can assist me with this matter or point me in the direction, it would be appreciated.

Will you be using Zoom? If so you could just use the share my screen option with Second Life, unless I am missing something.

Then all you would need is a stage, and a powerful computer.

FYI, posting the same thing in multiple forums is a quick way to get censured by LL.

Edited by Annabell Wandsworth

Everything you've listed off is possible - With that said you'll need to find some land to where you can place down these objects. More likely than not you'll have to pay rent for a parcel so your build will stay up. Another possibility would be to build your setup and place it at a sandbox (Free land to use but objects are sent back to after a specified amount of time usually 4 - 6 hours) to do your recording. I would recommend not doing it at a sandbox if you were attempting to do this live as you could have random people show up as it's public land and place their own objects.

If you're needing props I would also recommend checking out Second Life's Marketplace you can even find stuff free on there as well.

Best of luck with your idea it sounds very interesting!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Will you be using Zoom? If so you could just use the share my screen option with Second Life, unless I am missing something.

Then all you would need is a stage, and a powerful computer.

FYI, posting the same thing in multiple forums is a quick way to get censured by LL.

No zoom, it will be pre recorded and posted via TEDx site.  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

I'm also curious to know why someone 4 days old wants to do this in SL.

Good question, perhaps my post was not clear enough for you.  I am scheduled to speak on a platform called TEDx.  I am a Keynote Speaker and due to COVID.  I am forced to speak in front of a camera and I find this daunting.  Therefore, as I said prior (in my original post), I seen a episode on NBC's The Blacklistwhere segments of the show was in a Virtual-World Setting.  

I speak mostly at Tech conferences and reached out to the Tech Community and asked could I do something like this for my TEDx talk.  I was advised that what I envision is possible.  I was then referred by several individuals in the Tech Community to look at SecondLife.com.

I signed up, paid for premium, and now I am asking for help.

Now, I hope this answers your question, and in return I hope you have an "Answer" or "Suggestion" to my situation......

Edited by ColdCrux
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Spider Mycron said:

Hello,

im happy to help you anything i can , IM me inworld

Thanks

Thank you Spider, 

If we can set up a meeting soo, I would be gratefull!

Crux Conception, M. Psych

crux.conception@gmail.com

+1260.715.2685

Website profile:

http://bit.ly/CruxConception

Social Media:

Crux Conception (TWITTER)

Crux Conception (LinkedIn)

Crux Conception (Facebook)

Crux Conception (Instagram)

Crux Conception (GitHub)

https://wa.me/12607152685 (WhatsApp)

1 minute ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

You might want to look up the word "prevarication".

Lol, I know what it means, I put it in there so you would have to "look it up".  lololol.   

Just my way of saying sorry for any confusion within the initial response. 

lollololo, I still cant stop laughing. 

1 minute ago, ColdCrux said:

Lol, I know what it means, I put it in there so you would have to "look it up".  lololol.   

Just my way of saying sorry for any confusion within the initial response. 

lollololo, I still cant stop laughing. 

It would have served you better to say, my bad, I used the wrong word. What you said makes no sense. 

I strongly encourage you also to have someone proofread your website. It is rife with errors.

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2020 at 4:54 PM, ColdCrux said:

I would like to apologize if I am sending this request on this form.

You are, indeed, sending this request on "this" web form. I do not think the form needs your approval or apologies. However, if you meant "forum": there is still no reason to apologize. You are welcome here, without justification, excuse, or apology.

*Derps at you*

C6C3C1BE-140D-4CC5-8077-C2853E918DA5.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You are, indeed, sending this request on "this" web form. I do not think the form needs your approval or apologies. However, if you meant "forum": there is still no reason to apologize. You are welcome here, without justification, excuse, or apology.

I think he must have meant for posting this exact same post on multiple forums, fyi, which he did.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 12:57 PM, ColdCrux said:

No zoom, it will be pre recorded and posted via TEDx site.  

You are correct that I missed that. 

Most of what I said originally is still correct- you will just need a way to record your screen while you are in sl, on a stage. You could even use Zoom to do that.

I have access to a platform you could use for that day. I IM'd you inworld.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.