"Ban lines" for specific areas on land?

Saki Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, so i was wondering if there was a way to create tp restrictions only on selected areas of my land. so like between the heights 1000-1500 or from the ground level to height 200, etc. is there a specific product that does this? or a script? i'm just struggling to find anything on the marketplace so i wanted to ask here. I just thought it'd be good for my mainstore (a skybox) if people could only teleport there and not all over my plot of land. 

Somebody can probably give you direct product recommendations (although that's kinda not what this subforum is for), but as a scripter I can say this is a very common feature of "security" devices (or "orbs").

And yet, you may not really need anything, if the only part of your land that you want to keep private is at ground level. That's because whitelist access restrictions -- the usual yellow banlines for everybody not authorized either individually or as a member of the land group -- extend a convenient 50 meters above ground level (following the terrain). That doesn't impose any script overhead and is instantaneously effective in keeping intruders out of the protected space. To set it up, use the "Access" tab of the "About Land" dialog.

Indeed, if you wanted to have another skybox at a different altitude than your store, you might choose to use scripted "security" to keep just that space private, and use regular parcel access restrictions to keep the ground level private.

(Oh, specific to the question about controlling visitors'  teleport destinations: just set a parcel "Landing Point" inside the store and choose "Landing Point" "Teleport Routing" from the Options tab of About Land.)

Depending on Region setting's your ban lines are either up to 70m or ~5010m. There are a few things you could do.

The easiest option for what you asked is to cut a parcel according to your store size and place your store close to 4000m (so you have another 96m height left to be able to build if you need to without having to move it lower in the future), then set the parcel Landing Point inside your store structure. Then enable banlines for the rest of the area that you have.

If you wish you could make it more secure by having a security script teleport home whoever is not allowed in the area of the stores parcel from 0-3999m and another one that teleports home anyone trying to fly above the banline limits of the rest of your region/parcel (in case they are trolling and manage to get out of your "office" structure).

Screenshot_2020-07-13_20-55-49.thumb.png.cbfdfa0a99083ab612358f1acd6b4a82.png

Edited by Nick0678

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.