Makeup and the normie head questions?

0mit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys! So I'm extremely new to second life but I'm huge into avatar creation. However, since I'm not sure how much I'll like second life and if I'll stick around, I didn't want to put a bunch of money into it yet. I settled on the Slink Hourglass body (I'm using the redux)Β and for price, the normie head (after purchasing a cheaper one and regretting it lol). So, I like the way the normie head looks but I cannot get makeup to work on it. I've tried the omega appliers but it just doesn't show. It does, however, show my omega skin. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I'm still trying to get the hang of how it all works. (It's taken me 2 days of researching and videos to even get to this point.) Any help would be appreciated. I've included a pic of my avatar and what I currently have equipped. Hopefully I'm also in the right area of the forums. Thanks in advance!
lEgRGdU.png

• Like 1

You might find it easier to use bakes on mesh makeups.

From the reviews on the head to make it bakes on mesh compatible you... "edit the head while wearing, select main texture face, and swap it to using the bake_head".

You will be able to use system tattoos for makeups then.

• Like 1

I do not know Normie, but that your body is showing is solved by adding alpha layers. Add them, do not wear them. The Slink folder should come with alpha layers, and if you add one of the many alpha layers for pants, this hides your legs.

It does not say exactly how to do it, https://utilizator404.wordpress.com/2019/10/31/bakes-on-mesh-for-the-normie-head/

but it is possible, and probably easy when you know, lol.

It is some groups inworld you can search for. Use Utilizator as search word and looks for groups like Utilizator friends, Utilizator customers, and others. I believe you get help faster if you ask in a group. The store should usually have a "group joiner" board somewhere.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys! I tried doing the BoM compatible option but whatever I was doing, I couldn't get it to work. Also, I appreciate the input on the alpha layers! I decided to cave and go ahead and give up on the normie head. I went ahead and got an LAQ head instead lol.

17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not know Normie, but that your body is showing is solved by adding alpha layers. Add them, do not wear them. The Slink folder should come with alpha layers, and if you add one of the many alpha layers for pants, this hides your legs.

It does not say exactly how to do it, https://utilizator404.wordpress.com/2019/10/31/bakes-on-mesh-for-the-normie-head/

but it is possible, and probably easy when you know, lol.

It is some groups inworld you can search for. Use Utilizator as search word and looks for groups like Utilizator friends, Utilizator customers, and others. I believe you get help faster if you ask in a group. The store should usually have a "group joiner" board somewhere.

Marianne, the jeans are supposed to look like that πŸ™‚

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.