Physics Model Help

Junejewels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! I have a hotel. It's 5 floors and 4 rooms to a floor. The designer that built this made it all separate pieces. Do I need to make a physicals model, for every single piece (ex. every individual stair) or can I combine all the pieces in maya and just do the physics model as one whole piece. Which one do you think would be easier? And would anybody be willing to help (I'm a complete noob at this.)

If you want to keep the workload down, you may want to consider making the mesh phantom and simply add invisible prims for physics. That's not something I normally recommend but making effective physics model for a house really isn't for beginners so you have to be prepared to face a seriously steep learning curve and do quite a lot of studying and experimenting if you want to try.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I might have some time to help during next week, but depending on the dimensions of the build, it can't be done as a single upload.

Oh ok lol, thank you, yeah I was wondering about that as well, I'm uploading the mesh model in 4 different parts because of how big it is, so I suspect the physics model will be the same thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.