Trying to walk on the floor but there seems to be a block

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I purchased a build and I want to make one part another floor.  I was able to put steps leading  to this third level and it seems great, however when i try to walk back down the steps it wont let me.  I dont see a hidden prim or anything.  Can someone tell me what can be causing this. Thanks

Probably the top of your avatar is contacting the ceiling or wall or similar part of the build as it reaches the start of the descent. On the way up the head will often pass through a slight obstruction because there is a little bit assistance given to an avatar ascending a slope that will push it past a block, but no such assistance on the descent.

Try two things to assess the causes:

1) Reduce your height (quick and easy)

2) Examine the build around the top of the stairs. try raising any prim in close proximity to the top of the steps by 0.5 metres and see if that gets you through.

Don't forget to use Ctrl-Alt-T when examining the build as a common trick is to make the detailed parts of a structure have no physics to keep the LI down, but then hide a transparent prim inside parts of the building to make the walls/floors etc solid.

The tedious way to solve your problem is to edit the house, edit linked parts, and for each part above the floor you are trying to get to, raise it by adding an amount (say 2.0 metres) to the Z axis figure.

With everything above the floor now out of the way, walk up and down. (Still blocked from descending? Ctrl-Alt_T and look or if that shows you nothing, Advanced menu, show bounding boxes or show physics)

Then, one by one, edit linked parts and bring each item back down by subtracting the amount you added to the Z-axis figure, until you have identified the guilty prim.

A quick fix once you have seen which one is doing the dirty is to edit linked parts and in the features tab set the physics type for that prim to NONE and see if it lets you go down the stairs and also doesn't now let you fall out of the upper storey.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.