Clothing with store logo plastered over it (not demos)

MelodicRain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What's your opinion of non-demo clothing with the store's logo plastered all over it and can't be hidden? I'm not talking about a tiny fabric tag with the store logo on the edges of a skirt, I'm talking about full-blown, font 24 letters plopped right in the middle of a top. Would you buy stuff like this? Personally I never buy things like this because:

1. It just looks bad. I spent money on your stuff, I don't need to be an unpaid walking advertisement for your store, this is not RL where 90% of stores do this for marketing
  2. Easily mistaken for wearing a demo
Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 1

I so totally agree with you!  I simply would not even consider buying anything like that no matter how much I liked the style.  Nor would I consider making anything like that.  To put my store logo large smack in the middle of a top,  to me would be a huge ego trip and that would be all it is..  My store logo belongs on my store sign, in advertising, on event booths, but not clothes!  (unless as you mention it is on a tiny little tag somewhere, not overly obvious)

I have seen it done on clothing that was then given away as a free gift at events as a way of promoting the store, but never as something actually being sold.  Another example, Dead Doll currently has a competition going where you are given a logo'd shirt and you have to wear it in your entry picture.  It's a nice shirt too btw.

But no, I would not buy or wear logo'd clothing for the same reasons you gave.  And also because I just don't like it.

Yes I would wear it, If it was well made and looked good. People walk around in RL with store names on thier clothing. This is SL so why not do the same with SL stores. I have two items in my inventory with the store name, both very cute. Of course both these items come with a style HUD so there are other options which do not include the logo, even though I have used the logo option for both. 

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No. I don't even wear freebies with the store logo on them, and I don't wear such things in RL either. Not because of any particular principle or objection, I'm just not a fan of that kind of style. I'd wear something with a club logo on it though, if it was a club I really liked and if it was nicely designed and something other than just a regular t-shirt.

On 7/11/2020 at 2:35 PM, MelodicRain said:

What's your opinion of non-demo clothing with the store's logo plastered all over it and can't be hidden? I'm not talking about a tiny fabric tag with the store logo on the edges of a skirt, I'm talking about full-blown, font 24 letters plopped right in the middle of a top. Would you buy stuff like this?

I depends.

I've owned plenty of items in RL that had brands written on them. Even these days one of my tops has 'TESLA' written on it. 😉

If it's the design to have done so, then it works.

Demos usually have the word 'Demo' written on them...

But this making me wonder if I could do a nice design that, as the finished item, said 'Demo' somewhere. 😛

I wanted to buy a really cute top a few months ago, but didn't just because of the unhideable brand name in the center.  It wasn't even like a real logo or anything, it was just in a font and looked like it took them 5 seconds to put over the texture.  It's such a waste when low-effort, unhideable prominent branding ruins something nice for no real reason like that.  The strangest part is they did take the time to make the text white on dark colors and black on light colors.

Edited by Sayrah Parx

• 4 weeks later...

If that items has HUD with other options then maybe but if it is only option...it depends where, how and how big aka it is all about design. Also...if brand name is smth cute or cool.

So there is many options what I look before i buy that kind item.

But if item has just one pattern option and brand name is just slapped in middle of it without any creativity- nope, I wouldnt buy it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, animats said:

12942138_13567760_1000.jpg

It's a recent fashion trend to make logos un-subtle. The dress above is about US$3000.

They would have to pay me to wear that lol!!! 

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

They would have to pay me to wear that lol!!! 

Indeed!  I am with you!  I don't care how famous or how trendy,  that looks horrible!  If you want to advertise you are wearing an ultra expensive dress.. just leave the dang price tag on it lmao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it`s a small logo, like a jeans belt tag or small logo on the side of a shirt etc, or if they made an effort and created a cool graphic with cleverly incorporated logo (not just plain letters), I don`t mind at all...in fact I find such solutions even add extra realism to the garment...On the other hand, if it`s just a huge logo that makes no sense with the overall design or god forbid it`s a real world brand knock off, with copyrighted logo or even worse, SL brand logo pretending to be the big rl brand logo (copied style, font, layout)...ugh, it`s like theft on top of theft and a ton of poor taste!

@animatsI`m 100% sure Coco Chanel is turning in her grave cause of that abomination!

Edited by MaxMare
  • Like 1

If someone gave you a clothing that had the writing takashet would you wear it?

There are clothes out there without the logo or writing it may be that the pattern or design is unique that it is not needed.

Edited by Zeotetra

On 8/14/2020 at 7:14 PM, Tazzie Tuque said:

Indeed!  I am with you!  I don't care how famous or how trendy,  that looks horrible!  If you want to advertise you are wearing an ultra expensive dress.. just leave the dang price tag on it lmao.

That would be very kinky lol!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not much different than branded clothing in RL.  If people want to run around as walking billboards, who am I to say?  I would have more of an issue with the full price item being mistaken for a demo.  I once demoed a cute suit with the bright glowy demo sign over my head with a binder clip with the store's logo on the tie, which I assumed to be a demo tag.  Brought it at full price (it wasn't cheap) and found that logoed binder clip is part of the design.  Pissed is an understatement.

I've made some logo wear for NPC workers.

loremipsumnpc.thumb.jpg.291f72abbbc8165c576cfdfe77b5d699.jpg

Lorem Ipsum. Your logo here. A placeholder used on my animesh NPCs until they have a role to play.

rollerfreightgirl2.jpg.dc86eab4e9dd10e0a3aed62c1296994f.jpg

Roller Freight! Worker at a freight hub. A Roller Freight sign was also on the building.

gtfotshirtgirl.thumb.jpg.d61761aef55e264bfc5c1cbc4f809b4f.jpg

GTFO Hub Loss Prevention. These NPCs are at a few GTFO hubs. They patrol, say hello to anyone who shows up, and have enough sense to get out of the way of vehicles. People making GTFO stops get the feeling that the hubs are live and in use, and their delivery isn't pointless.

These logos on working clothes all have a purpose. They're not ads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

These logos on working clothes all have a purpose. They're not ads.

And that is a totally different thing than plastering you brand logo on shirts to sell.   But why not just use " your logo here" instead of making lorem ipsum look like a logo itself?  

Edited by Tazzie Tuque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.