Delete this please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You give no clue as to the nature of the services, so people are heading blindly to a site which may or may not be safe to use.  Given that this is a discussion forum it's not really on to discourage replies in the forum.  What you could do is to give an outline of your idea and invite comments.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

OP, I don't tend to visit survey sites due to the trackers and what-nots that are probably in use. If you care to present your suggestions here so all may be able to weigh in then I'd be happy to take a look.

Signed,

Just another tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy whack-o

I'm not familiar with easypolls.net, so no, sorry.  Also sorry that this forum software appears not to support "poll" as a message type, though if any power user knows how to do that, I'm sure Starrah would appreciate knowing how.

Or, if you list your ideas into a numbered list (points to the toolbar icon to do that), you could receive feedback that you could easily tabulate.

30 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm not familiar with easypolls.net, so no, sorry.  Also sorry that this forum software appears not to support "poll" as a message type, though if any power user knows how to do that, I'm sure Starrah would appreciate knowing how.

Or, if you list your ideas into a numbered list (points to the toolbar icon to do that), you could receive feedback that you could easily tabulate.

That's a feature that has to be enabled in the admin panel. I can see why LL hasn't enabled it as there are those who would abuse the privilege, so it might be better to not open that can of worms, as juicy and tasty some may find them to be.

The best way to do a poll on the forum without any specific built-in poll software is to give the options in your opening post and then invite people to click a specific reaction in response. Something like:

• Answer A - click 'like'
  • Answer B - click 'thanks'
  • Answer C - click 'confused'

And so forth. There are five standard reactions, so that's how many possible answers you could offer in response to any question in a single post.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Odd topic, IMO - but each their own.

Not only an odd topic, but the question is flawed from the start, as SL does not provide the means to properly identify who is or isn't a "certified individual".

And good that someone quoted at list a bit of what this has been about, as OP tucked their tail in and deleted the post.

• Like 2

Do people realize when you put "Delete this please" as a topic line, even if you remove the original post, it's going to bring people in by curiosity to see if they can piece together what was your main post? I mean that's what happened to me and thanks to @LittleMe Jewell i know exactly what it was about :P So why ask for deletion? Why not stand by your post, no matter if people agree to your methods or not and elaborate with answering questions @Starrah Aeon?

Because I'm curious as to how you would provide certified hypotherapy in second life.

4 minutes ago, Paladin Tyran said:

when i will click my fingers "you will send all your money to me ". If that works, i am certified.

I tried sending you all my money but there was an error in sending it to your bank. 

if you could please verify all your SL bank information, Life details, height, weight, toe lengths I will totally retry using a super detailed encrypted bitstream that should make it go through even better! 

... I need sleep. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I've been to places designed to put the user into a hypnotic state. They didn't work on me, though.

me too. me neither

best I can do myself is roleplay the hypnoised bit. Which is kinda what the whole point of it is I think, at least in SL

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 7:08 AM, Mollymews said:

me too. me neither

best I can do myself is roleplay the hypnoised bit. Which is kinda what the whole point of it is I think, at least in SL

Well, there is a rather large gray area here, Molly.

Different people experience trance in different ways, and while some people are able to go into a very deep trance state, almost everyone is capable of achieving a light trance.  Regardless of how "deep" your trance is, it's almost a given that what you experience will be very different from the Hollywood depiction of hypnosis.  You won't "lose consciousness".  Most people in trance remain aware, but they are very focused on what the hypnotist is saying.  They may even question whether or not they are "really" hypnotized, even while it is happening.

I have been in trance many times.  Sometimes, I've been given a posthypnotic suggestion...told to do or say something after the trance is ended.  I have not experienced hypnotic amnesia...you know, where the hypnotist tells you "you will not remember this after you awaken".  I have always had the feeling, "I'm only doing or saying this because I want to".  And yet...I DO actually do or say what the hypnotist suggested I would.

So...is it acting, roleplaying?  Or "real" hypnosis?  Or does it really matter as long as the same result is achieved?

Anyway...as for the OP:  I think hypnotherapy is indeed possible in SL.  In fact, I have provided some, although I am not a "certified" hypnotherapist.  I don't think it is possible to verify that anyone's "certified" in SL, as a hypnotherapist, a doctor, a counselor, a lawyer, or a turtle.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Anyway...as for the OP:  I think hypnotherapy is indeed possible in SL.  In fact, I have provided some, although I am not a "certified" hypnotherapist.  I don't think it is possible to verify that anyone's "certified" in SL, as a hypnotherapist, a doctor, a counselor, a lawyer, or a turtle.

I wonder if people use ASMR in SL to aid in hypnotizing others..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.