You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I consider everyone to be doing some kind of "role playing" when they log in to Second Life all of the time for example i am a landlord in SL that doesn't mean i am also a landlord in RL but with the pure definition of RolePlay like most people like to think of it i did some back in 2009 when i joined SL in a Region named Constantinople and had to do with ancient fighting vs other regions named accordingly. Also for a while i joined the Bloodlines game (and got totally bored of it).

As Rober Downey Jr. wisely said while playing the role of Kirk Lazarus acting as Staff Sergeant Lincoln Osiris:
I'm a dude playing the dude, disguised as another dude...

ย 

Edited by Nick0678
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't remember, I visited a Western sim even though I don't like that theme but it was the only historical themed sim that looked even remotely authentic.

I only stayed a few days and then realised that if you can't find what you're looking for in SL you have to build it yourself.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Jo Yardley said:

ย 

I only stayed a few days and then realised that if you can't find what you're looking for in SL you have to build it yourself.

Absolutely on this.ย 

I roleplayed long before second life but my first time roleplaying in second life was in a private group running a Sci Fi RP. It's not normally my thing but it fit my desire to have a set group for regular weekly games. It was fun, but I got busy and eventually disinterested and moved on. Played on a few various RP sims, and I have positive memories of a few that are long gone. I have a habit of getting invested in brand new ones (which I prefer to ones where I'm breaking into groups that are established for years and less welcoming to new folks) but new sims often don't have the staying power.

I realized what I wanted wasnt out there so I started to build it myself.ย 

First started roleplaying in SL.... in the public sandboxes. This was long before RP sims were really a thing.

Stopped for a number of years and then started again at different sims, The Wastelands for one. I've been thinking about joining one of the steampunk ones recently but haven't decided yet, free time is always hard to come by.

I see my my start as being at the now defunct Araxes sims. This was about five years ago before the admins had a civil war and split the whole thing a part. I stayed with the portion that had the spaceport for far longer than I should have.

I started back in 2007-2008 in a medieval / fantasy roleplay sim called Aglarond.

I started out as a one-line poster, but over the years somehow evolved into a para-player.

Edited by Solyl Salty
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.