Scam IM

WaNgaokajira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Received this today.   Sounds like a classic email scam

[16:07] makleen00: (Saved Thu Jul 09 22:32:45 2020)Hello, this is Daved James Basil, from UK but i live in Dubai, I am the bank director here in Dubai. I contacted you about an account owned by a citizen of your country. This man died 13 years ago and did not mention anyone who inherited the foundation. The bank allowed me to find the deceased customer's closest relative, but I couldn't find anyone. This account will be blocked if no one can access it. That is why I decided to introduce you. Please write to my personal email address so I can send you information and explain why I need your help. ( jbasil477@gmail.com)

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, WaNgaokajira said:

Received this today.   Sounds like a classic email scam

[16:07] makleen00: (Saved Thu Jul 09 22:32:45 2020)Hello, this is Daved James Basil, from UK but i live in Dubai, I am the bank director here in Dubai. I contacted you about an account owned by a citizen of your country. This man died 13 years ago and did not mention anyone who inherited the foundation. The bank allowed me to find the deceased customer's closest relative, but I couldn't find anyone. This account will be blocked if no one can access it. That is why I decided to introduce you. Please write to my personal email address so I can send you information and explain why I need your help. ( jbasil477@gmail.com)

You can AR, if you want.  Otherwise, just block the person and ignore it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Honganji Nishi said:

I have also received same scam IM with same E-Mail address. But user name is different - "Basilj". Linden Lab should banish these sockpuppets.

They ban them as soon as the accounts are reported.  There isn't much they can do beforehand.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.