Sign in to follow this  
Ceres

Love Drama Telenovela ala SL Style

Hi I'm single in RL and I have an SL partner who is my alt but I do have an SL lover who has a fiance in rl. He only comes online like 2 hours a day so I get lonely at times.

I started dating this guy I met at the bottom of the sea after we were both booted out from a club for wearing a GreenZone. He, GreenZone guy, is single in RL but has a partner in SL who is married in RL. He told me that his partner seldom logs in because she found out that her RL husband has an account in SL and currently living with a slave woman in SL. That slave woman has a partner in a different alt. This GreenZone guy and I started having a full blown SL affair and I think I'm in SL love with him and he does too.

But one day, GreenZone and I had a huge fight over something and we ended up being on a break and he went back to his original partner. I created an alt for a sole purpose of being in an RP and nothing else but during the course ended up having an affair with another alt who has a partner with another alt.

After some digging it turns out this RP guy's partner is the partner of the slave woman in another alt who is the RL husband of the GreenZone's  partner.

But this is not the most complicated part...

GreenZone guy and I, mended our affair and we of course got back together and is now sort of living in treehouse he made for me in a remote island somewhere. Yesterday, he asked if it is possible for us to bring this into RL.

The question is... Am I cheating? Who is cheating with whom? I'm still with my original SL partner.

I'm confused.

sign,

WD

:matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

My sincerest apology..., I thought this week's theme in this forum is about cheaters. I'm not really 'just-making-a-convo' here.. :)). I shall contact all of them and maybe even possibly creating a club/group for it. Thank You for your advice!

I'm sorry. This is way to complicated for me. All I could think about when I read your post was this: 

(For some reason I couldn't embed the video...)

- Luc -

Sorry Luc, your video is to complicated to understand but who cares.. you have a very handsome avatar ... I wouldn't mind adding another scenario in my already tangled mess of Love Maze.

The video probably does not mean anything for your situation. It was just what I thought of when I read your post. Thought I'd post it. Your situation seems complicated, and so does the situation in the video, that's all.

I will say, though, that if you feel uncomfortable about what is going on with your relationship, you might want to think about whether it is right for you to continue it. Only you can decide what you want, and if you actually get that from the situation.

- Luc -

" Often people who are depressed and vulnerable suffer from the TMI condition (too much information)...they can't filter out what's personal and shouldn't be shared. "

May I ask where you acquired this little tidbit of information? Or is it just something *you* imagined about people who suffer from depression?

Danny made a good case for how SL could be helpful for some people with psychological problems, a case built from his own experience. The OP asked about support groups, which might be active & actually helping people.  We can assume that not all SL "support groups" foster a positive experience, but that doesn't mean they're all bad either. My boyfriend benefits from the support he finds through Fearless Nation &, from what I've seen of them, they are one of the positive groups. I don't think it's fair to maligne all the groups in SL that are trying to help people just because some people could take advantage of someone else's weaknesses.

(Edit to add to post)

Ok, so you've had people share too much of their real life info with  you in Second Life, but that experience still doesn't qualify as a reliable gauge of how people with depression, bi-polar disorder, or any other mental illness usually behave. I know others who don't easily share personal information with strangers - online or off. 

@ Danny

I've suffered with depression on & off since I was a teenager.  In high school when I told my Dad I was feeling depressed, I also got the "pull yourself out of it" remark, which of course only made me feel more isolated.  All through high school I'd cry at night & sometimes even wake up crying, but I didn't tell anyone how I was feeling. I put on my make-up in the morning to hide the puffiness around my eyes & acted like I was fine. A few times I seriously thought of killing myself, but I learned from experience that those feeling would pass eventually, so I just had to ride them out. It wasn't until I was in my 30's that I learned I could manage my depression by taking St. John's Wort. (Luckily, mine is mild enough that I don't need prescription antidepressants.) Now, I'm ok most of the time, but I still occationally get depressed moods.

My closest friends understand that my moods are not something I can always control very well & that when I feel depressed, I'm more withdrawn & quiet. When I'm riding out that phase, I like having Second Life as one of my outlets.  If I don't feel like being cheerful & social, I don't have to be. I also find creating things in SL to be a good way of getting my mind off the thoughts that might be encouraging my depression.

Thanks for the laugh!  Indeed, if this is true, you have woven a tangled web.  Enjoy it because it is apparently how you wish to live 'Your world. Your imagination.'

You are single in RL, you are free to bestow your love on anybody.  If you feel GreenZone is the right guy, get serious with him and cut other questionalbe ties, then you are in the clear as do GreenZone.  For the others involved, to each his/her own.