Open Ocean for Mooring

Waiomao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Aloha all. I have several boats and would like to buy an affordable plot of open ocean to moor them on. All the places I’ve explored in Linden Auctions have been landlocked mainland properties. A search in SL Marketplace finds a ton of places all priced at zero that turn out to be rentals (and frustratingly, the listings can’t be sorted by weekly rate or keyword (e.g. “sailable.”). I’m not looking for a full prim or a private island, just some ocean I can moor boats on. I rent space in a marina now, but would love something a little more "out there." Can anyone recommend how to find a spot of open ocean to call home? It sounds like I want to buy an ocean region, but I haven't found such a thing.

9 hours ago, Waiomao said:

Aloha all. I have several boats and would like to buy an affordable plot of open ocean to moor them on. All the places I’ve explored in Linden Auctions have been landlocked mainland properties. A search in SL Marketplace finds a ton of places all priced at zero that turn out to be rentals (and frustratingly, the listings can’t be sorted by weekly rate or keyword (e.g. “sailable.”). I’m not looking for a full prim or a private island, just some ocean I can moor boats on. I rent space in a marina now, but would love something a little more "out there." Can anyone recommend how to find a spot of open ocean to call home? It sounds like I want to buy an ocean region, but I haven't found such a thing.

keep an eye on the mainland sales /estate rentals .. from time to time Blake Sea properties are popping up. If available i think the Fruit estates ( think incorporated in Zoha Island if i'm informerd right) also might be interesting for you.

http://blog.zoha-islands.com/fruit-islands-sailing-community/

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

Are you looking for Mainland to buy, so you pay with your Premium benefit?

Or do you want to "buy" land and still pay weekly rent?

That is the difference. Mainland by sailable water is expensive, but it is yours as long as you own it and pay to be Premium.

Estates like Fruit Islands do you "buy" but you pay rent to the estate. Fruit Islands is also expensive. Maybe the most expensive estate. That is because the covenant is so strict, and they do not allow ugly junk rezzing. It must be in style with the theme and good quality.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 2:38 AM, Marianne Little said:

Estates like Fruit Islands do you "buy" but you pay rent to the estate. Fruit Islands is also expensive. Maybe the most expensive estate. That is because the covenant is so strict, and they do not allow ugly junk rezzing. It must be in style with the theme and good quality.

Thanks Marianne. Yeah, the Fruit Islands are pretty, but the price and the strict covenant are two swords I won't swallow. And Fruit Islands have those strange "waterfall emitting from a butte" things that look more theme park than beach or island. :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.