Jump to content

LINDEN RESEARCH, INC. TO BE ACQUIRED


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

there's a guy in Spain who refuses to come out of a train station restroom unless they appoint him station master, and a group of bored punk kids decided to chase away the station custodian. 

That would actually be a really great news story xD

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Orwar said:
48 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

The Americans stiil have to oust and condemn  their very own one.

   Trump is nothing like Franco, Mussolini, or Hitler. People comparing him to actual, 'proper' fascist dictators only prove to have no understanding whatsoever of history or politics. 

   Besides, Franco wasn't 'ousted'. He died of heart failure in 1975, and was head of state until his death.

Trump is a fascist, as well as the millions of minions who want to circumvent Democracy & rule by force vs rule by the will of the people in free and fair elections. The fact that Trump was unable to bypass the rule of law does not make him any less of a fascist -- he's simply a fascist who failed.

But we really should take this to some other thread as it's very off-topic...

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

The new owners certainly seem dedicated to having a bit of fun.
Their avis are cool enough and show quite a bit of care in creating them.
Any text I have read from any of them, (not inworld), seems quite genuine and well considered.
They seem to "get it" 100% and they don't seem to be rushing into anything.
It's a hearty "thanks" from me so far. 🙂

Did I miss a recent meet and greet?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

For the zillionth time.....

The 2 worst things in the world to talk about --- politics and religion.  There is a close therd, the proper way to hang your toilet roll! 🤣

As for the new ownership team, hopefully they'll post their plans or ideas soon.

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Typo Queen.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

should maybe stay on topic and keep politics out of the topic.

Fine, then let´s talk about Section 230, for example, which is straight on topic.

i don´t mind if you prefer discussing what color the orange cloud should have to look more attractive, while the most significant ground for Second Life, the internet universe and all the rest is rooted deeply in politics.

If you negate the political reality all this here and more is built upon, then don´t be surprised when your windlighted pixel skies will go physical and crash on you one day.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

Or early SL breast physics. <wobbles at every move>

   And sometimes when just attaching or detaching apparel or accessories. Whilst T-posed. They just sort of spring to life! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

*Still wobbling 3 minutes after all other motion has stopped.*

Creator perhaps saw to much of the Simpsons that flawed their idea on how long things should jiggle.

homer-simpson-fat-jiggle.gif?w=638&h=300&crop=1

Same could be said for their Jelly doll approach.

latest?cb=20120924204048

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Drayke Newall said:

Creator perhaps saw to much of the Simpsons that flawed their idea on how long things should jiggle.

homer-simpson-fat-jiggle.gif?w=638&h=300&crop=1

Same could be said for their Jelly doll approach.

latest?cb=20120924204048

Why they even added an option for belly jiggle is beyond me. That is worse than the breasts IMO.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2021 at 11:15 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

tbh, i rarely see jelly dolls, and for sure not everywhere. And i don't have a very high complexity level set ..
what's yours?

Be warned Alwin, there may be trickery afoot.

homer.jpg

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

There is a close therd, the proper way to hang your toilet roll! 🤣

As for the new ownership team, hopefully they'll post their plans or ideas soon.

I thought it was pineapple on pizza? which is delicious btw

I'm curious to hear the new owner's plans too, esp in terms of marketing. I don't think SL needs to fundamentally change to appeal to new users, but they do need to know it exists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Lindens
12 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Why they even added an option for belly jiggle is beyond me.

There was an expectation that people would be more comfortable with the addition of a general body physics system than a Baywatch-only mode.

I was skeptical myself, but a number of people reacted positively. The combination of that and putting the physics options under the wearer’s control probably saved us from the upset that the Emerald version caused. The Emerald version was a great innovation from a feature standpoint, but the reactions to that version were also incredibly strong. Half the users demanded that we add the same option immediately, and half expressed hurt or concern.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soft Linden said:

There was an expectation that people would be more comfortable with the addition of a general body physics system than a Baywatch-only mode.

I was skeptical myself, but a number of people reacted positively. The combination of that and putting the physics options under the wearer’s control probably saved us from the upset that the Emerald version caused. The Emerald version was a great innovation from a feature standpoint, but the reactions to that version were also incredibly strong. Half the users demanded that we add the same option immediately, and half expressed hurt or concern.

While the rest of us just sat back and watched the show. 🤭

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

While the rest of us just sat back and watched the show. 🤭

And the show goes on!  Sorry but there is no way any of the body physics even comes close to real body movement still.  But when I see them out there, it does give me a good laugh.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...