LINDEN RESEARCH, INC. TO BE ACQUIRED

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Jumpman Lane said:

I wondered wtf that a Tilla crap was when I came back hehehehehe. Seems like The Lab is viewing the pandemic as a win. This sale seems to be a way for Mitch et al to get paid and LL to get down to the biness of fixing things around here. We'll see :)

holy crap jumpy.  welcome back.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:22 PM, Jumpman Lane said:

Qie whats up.

YOU goin all freaky on us? Hehehehehehe

Whoever said "Jumpman Lane" three times at midnight recently needs to consider the consequences of their actions next time.    Just don't feed him after midnight, for heaven's sake.

WB Jumpy!  Good to see you again!  (I hope).

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Whoever said "Jumpman Lane" three times at midnight recently needs to consider the consequences of their actions next time.    Just don't feed him after midnight, for heaven's sake.

WB Jumpy!  Good to see you again!  (I hope).

I'm not the bogey man hehehehe. I dont think....

HI!

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 7:36 AM, Qie Niangao said:

It's enough to drive me to kink!

If you want to go for a drive, just ask! Zindra's nice this time of the decade!

But seriously, Zindra's roadside appearance has gotten better in recent years, a lot less of the gaudy walled up sex places at ground level, and the north coast is a treat to drive around in.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 5:19 PM, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Press release: https://www.lindenlab.com/releases/linden_research_to_be_acquired

SAN FRANCISCO, July 9, 2020 — Linden Research, Inc. announced today it signed an agreement to be acquired by an investment group led by Randy Waterfield and Brad Oberwager. Closing of the acquisition is subject to regulatory approval by financial regulators in the U.S. related to Tilia Inc.’s status as a licensed money transmitter as well as other customary closing conditions. Upon closing, Mr. Waterfield and Mr. Oberwager will join the Board of Directors of Linden Research, Inc.

Thoughts?

We're done.  As soon as a publicly traded company acquires anything, the death warrant has been signed.  A publicly traded company requires infinite growth in a closed system which is impossible.  It might be 6 months from now, it might (and is likely to be closer to six months) 16 years from now, but we are done here.

Edit: apparently the Waterfield Group is privately held.  this actually could be a good thing.  COULD.

Edited by NikolaosSakamoto

27 minutes ago, NikolaosSakamoto said:

We're done.  As soon as a publicly traded company acquires anything, the death warrant has been signed.  A publicly traded company requires infinite growth in a closed system which is impossible.  It might be 6 months from now, it might (and is likely to be closer to six months) 16 years from now, but we are done here.

Tell us what "publicly traded" means.

4 hours ago, NikolaosSakamoto said:

Edit: apparently the Waterfield Group is privately held.  this actually could be a good thing.  COULD.

Read the press release more carefully.  They are not being acquired by the Waterfield Group; they are being acquired by an unnamed group of investors led by misters Waterfield and Oberwager.  Mr. Oberwager does not appear to hold any role in the leadership of the Waterfield Group.  Consider: if that group were acquiring LL, wouldn't the press release simply say:

Linden Research, Inc. announced today it signed an agreement to be acquired by the Waterfield Group.

But, it did not.

ETA:

3 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Tell us what "publicly traded" means.

It means, the company issues stock that is publicly traded on stock exchanges, i.e. the New York Stock Exchange (aka Wall Street).  Such companies are under great pressure to post good earnings (or other good results) quarterly.  Without good quarterly results, investors may figure the company is in trouble and sell the stock, which would drive the stock price down, and therefore make the overall company "worth less", at least on paper.

So most publicly traded companies cannot afford to acquire companies speculatively.   Unless some incredible good news is in the pipeline for Second Life or Tilia, this acquisition would be viewed as a speculative venture.  I imagine that is why a new investment group has been created; Waterfield's portfolio does not include speculative ventures.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

My biggest question is "why"???

My tired as heck take on it, as I work my 22nd hour into other stuff?  The (relatively) new guy CEO is pissed that Sansar failed no matter how much of the money SL made was thrown at it.  Since it failed as everyone expected it seems like he's looking for a quick payday.

It was a stupid idea, and it might bring down SL entirely.

Due to what Nika said above my confidence is dashed again.

Edited by NikolaosSakamoto

17 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Who are you Jumpman lol???

For folks who weren't around for the Old Forums...

Jumpman Lane (or "Jumpy" to his many, um, acquaintances) was a crazy, often insulting, usually wildly off-topic presence in the Forums.  His(?) posts were pretty much guaranteed to offend SOMEONE, while still providing a measure of humor.  Other than that, this correspondent can't come up with a better description.  You sort of have to experience him yourself; he's indescribable.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Hi!   Does your welcome return indicate that LL's new owners have decided to bring you back as the new CEO?

A whole lotta people would be in a whole lotta trouble if i WAS the new CEO. I met Ebbe once with my shirt off! He didn't seem to mind. So, I'm sticking by Ebbe!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Jumpman Lane (or "Jumpy" to his many, um, acquaintances) was a crazy, often insulting, usually wildly off-topic presence in the Forums.  His(?) posts were pretty much guaranteed to offend SOMEONE, while still providing a measure of humor.  Other than that, this correspondent can't come up with a better description.  You sort of have to experience him yourself; he's indescribable.

Oh, I'm jus' a lil' Lane! Hehhehehehehe

20 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Who are you Jumpman lol???

Uh...I'm Jumpman LANE.

The KING of Second Life.

How did I get to be THAT, you might wonder. The old FASHIONED way. By RIGHT OF CONQUEST. This dummy bent ova and I put my foot DEEP in his crack.

And when he bowed down to a TRUE pimp. His last words were: "Jumpy, you are the King of Second Life. Congratz"

I took it as a sign and ran out and made the title. Square business.

I'm also The Kid with the Golden Arms...but that's another discussion...onna another forum lol.

Edited by Jumpman Lane
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Wasted Engineer he is not. 😇

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

So most publicly traded companies cannot afford to acquire companies speculatively.   Unless some incredible good news is in the pipeline for Second Life or Tilia, this acquisition would be viewed as a speculative venture.  I imagine that is why a new investment group has been created; Waterfield's portfolio does not include speculative ventures.

This is an interesting vein.  Because, I can perceive an opportunity lying inside this transaction, as was hinted, back in the mysterious announcement of Arm Treasure Data CDP, an apparent direct investment toward a strategic attack to boost new memberships, an effort that seems to have worked, and so up goes value.  It could be that this was done as a result of negotiations with these buyers, you know like, Oh, I'll buy your house if you'll paint over the purple walls and magenta trim with some sand-marbled charolais and lemon butter creme.  Or, it could have been the result of some LL brainstorming over at corporate, a fixer-upper effort on the old beast -- make it shiny then SELL IT. 

What it all means for us?  Who knows.  Now pass the cheese swirled croissants, those over on the end where no one's breathed yet.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.