Male AO choices?

yaurey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm about to "upgrade" my avatar to "something" decent. I've already pick the mesh body and head combo I'm going to buy, and where to buy clothes. Yet I'm having a hard time finding a proper animation override. It seems all males are using the same one: Vista. Is that the only male AO choice? I've tried to do a search in the marketplace, but the place is... complicated. I've already read some blogs too, but it seems nobody is talking about AOs.

I'm not looking for something super super (the Vista ones I tried have like 5+ animation variants per move for example). An alternative with well done basic moves is more than enough. Does anybody have any idea where to look? Thanks.

There are 584 male animation overriders in the marketplace. Use this LINK. I suggest you sort on Newest and then later on Relevant.

The SL MP is not very search friendly. Saying it is "complicated" is probably not the best choice of a noun. Try FRUSTRATING... counter intuitive or PITA. There are times when one just cannot find what they want via SL MP Search. Doesn't matter how complex and devious a search you try.

Finding these AO's required a search then a number of clicks in the categories on the left.

When you get totally frustrated with MP's search switch over to Google with something like site:marketplace.secondlife.com/products/ male animation overrider Notice the spaces. They are required.

I've never found an AO that was exactly what I wanted. These days I make sure AOs I buy are Mod-OK so I can copy animations in and out and customize them.

Unfortunately AOs are script heavy these days. I seldom use the new ones as they have 2 or 3 times more script weight than an old, free ZHAO II, which is my go-to-AO. I have a couple of versions loaded up with animation I like.

Best of all is Firestorm's built-in AO, which I use when running FS. That used to be most of the time but not so much with version 6.3.9. That AO will run on Copy-OK or No-Copy animations and places no 'script' weight on the avatar. It also places very lite demand on the region server, unlike the older ZHAO II. The only problem is when 'on' it can be the ONLY AO worn. Otherwise, animations between AOs can be conflicting with the result no animations play.

If you spend longer periods logged in and standing or sitting where you rely on the AO for animation a single stand or sit can become tediously repetitive. Since I do... I have like 16 stands loaded in my basic AO. I think the fewest is 6 or 7. So I think only 5 variations is on the lite side. 

Have you found out animations come in "sizes"? Usually small, medium, and large. There is no consistency between animators that I can see. Some will specify which avatar height a size is far. They assume the avatar is Leonardo-like proportional. But, I'm not sure their models were actually proportional... Do the demos to see how they look on your avatar.

Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

I agree that the Firestorm AO is really the best solution. Buy animations here and there. Open the AO tab in Firestorm, and start to fill it. I would say at least 5 stands, the rest you need one of. Maybe 2 walks. You can also save several AOs with Firestorm.

BodyLanguage SweetLovely Cute is quite a long name for a store. It has more that cute, girly AO's. Their male animations are great if you do not want the posturing, slouching, intimidating and restless stands. They have 2 male AO's 50% off on SL17B that ends the 12th.

sweetlovelycute_001ed.jpg.bf97573f2316be73116d18fee124a90c.jpg

You buy individual animations  from the posestand, or the full AO from the wall.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jubilant/165/93/53

I go to different vendors and pick animations, so I can mix an AO.

It is boring when "everyone" has the same AO around you.

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.