World Map Mainland Screen Shot. What is thoughts on what is going on?

Indy Melody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Was looking at the world map and noticed a lot of people showing to be on Linden Protected Land. Most are showing to be standing in a circle. Some look to be stacked on top of each other. Looks to be on 15 regions. Any thoughts of what is going on with this? Wow, they are all gone now.

mainland screen shot.jpg

Edited by Indy Melody
Added comment
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

They are members of a secret occult society, dedicated to put SecondLife under demonic possession by creating satanic circles in random underwater locations.

It's either that, or I have no idea.

You sound like fun at parties! *gets beer hat*

491AFF70-9C2F-456B-8F35-C049104BB393.jpeg

• Haha 2

well that group on Baltic are the secret undersea maze mappers.

Yes, there's a secret undersea maze at Baltic, with a prize if you solve it. (linden owned one.)

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk
clarity since 9,999,999 people asked me about the maze
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Maze?
Make that 10,000,000 😄

It's an amazing maze!

No, seriously.

Tiny Empire players often log on under water but they scatter about at random, never forming circles like this. Those circles are meetings of the Secret Order of the Primmazons performing their secret Order ceremonies and plotting their Secret order plots.

Unless they're bots of course.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Indy Melody said:

Was looking at the world map and noticed a lot of people showing to be on Linden Protected Land. Most are showing to be standing in a circle. Some look to be stacked on top of each other. Looks to be on 15 regions. Any thoughts of what is going on with this? Wow, they are all gone now.

mainland screen shot.jpg

Probably just the new Private Equity Fund owners of LL, taking a tour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Something using SL as a hosting platform was having an event, apparently.  I do wonder what it was.  I hear Tiny Empires mentioned.  Does that have trading events?  I don’t know.  What other SL hosted game or other application might there be that has events where lots of people log in even more accounts to participate? 

These events are apparently brief as those agents are usually not there when I look.  It could be a text or voice chat event but there are simpler ways to run those.  I would expect this to involve scripted objects, like HUD games do.

Maybe the covert communication cartel is back!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Maze?
Make that 10,000,000 😄 

one of the Easter Eggs discovered during my 8 1/2 month quest to map all the linden owned secret areas.  Go under the sea, and look for the buildings, there are 2.  Both contain an entrance to the Maze.

In fact, there are several dozen underwater secret areas, drop me a line inworld if you want a copy.

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk
*/me needs to actually type everything so doesn't have to come back to edit oO*
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Probably groups of Tiny Empires avatars.

I see it all the time on the waterways, although the number of regions in close proximity in the picture is exceptional.

Have always been advised it is probably tiny empires. it is a nuisance, when only half the resource is available on the region it can spoil a busy cruise for people as they have to queue up on the borders to pass through, if they don't crash.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Indy Melody said:

Is this just someones effort to elevate the number of avatars showing online?

Dunno, but I doubt it, mostly because it would be simpler to just leave a much smaller number logged-in all the time, rather than such a huge lot of them scattered all over for shorter durations.

I'm always suspicious that they may be special purpose bots, doing stuff that should be done by scripts except the Lab is too lazy to expose the function and put in proper API throttles, so instead they rely on bot software to be throttled as avatars. Stuff like group invitations and other group-related actions. But I'm not sure why that should be this bursty either, so it's probably something else, like a game. Like Tiny Empires, only better, maybe.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 2:29 PM, Indy Melody said:

A smaller group is back! Went there and most are invisible except for their name tags. Profiles showing most under 9 months old. One very silent group. lol

They are Back.jpg

I keep seeing them piled up on Kara, and I race there to see what they are, and they are gone. I wonder if they know to disappear when another avatar who is real comes on. I figure they are either Tiny Empires or land bots.

• Like 1

am waiting for the person to get creative and start writing green dot letter messages on the world map. Like on regions in a row.  H E L L O W O R L D and H E Y ! M Y P E E P S and I M M A G R E E N D O T M O N S T A

be quite fun to see I think 😺

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

am waiting for the person to get creative and start writing green dot letter messages on the world map. Like on regions in a row.

In the back of my head, I've long wondered how the Map plots avatar dots. Now, the minimap seems to simply draw the dot at the point projection of the avatar's in-world location, but the Map is doing something else. I think it's stacking the dots in order to show the count, rather than letting them hide each other. So if we're going to draw messages on the map in avatar pixels, what's the resolution per region?

(Or, cheerleaders: If we're arranging the marching band in letters viewable from the stands, how far apart are the yardlines where the marchers all stand?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

(Or, cheerleaders: If we're arranging the marching band in letters viewable from the stands, how far apart are the yardlines where the marchers all stand?)

Well they appear to be 1 yard apart, and marked with a solid line every 5 yards, but it depends if you are looking at an American or a Canadian football field and the relative size of the pompoms 😼

Edited by BJoyful
typo (smh)
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I keep seeing them piled up on Kara, and I race there to see what they are, and they are gone. I wonder if they know to disappear when another avatar who is real comes on. I figure they are either Tiny Empires or land bots.

Maybe regional crop circles are a hot new thing in SL now?  I'm pretty sure it's a good thing, no matter what it is.  LL must have some sort of dinging thing that would alert them if there was trouble in Linden Protected land, even if they find out a while after it actually happens, there's probably some stats stored somewhere to help the relatively small number of Lindens look after 40k - 50k or so residents online at once?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.