LAG MONSTER

Fressca

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I AM SURE EVERYONE WILL LAUGH WHEN I ASK..BUT DANG!...IS LAG OVER THE TOP? I HAD .9FPM THE OTHER DAY AND ONLY HAVE 3.3 TODAY..WHY? AND YES...I TOOK OFF ALL HUDS, NO SCRIPTY HAIR OR CLOTHING ITEMS, DID ALL I KNOW TO DO. IS SL DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT? EVERYONE IS ASKING ABOUT THIS. I CAN'T GET A ROOM TO FULLY REZ OR A HUD TO OPEN.

Edited by Fressca
ADDED TEXT AND CORRECTED SPELLING

11 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Fressca said:

I AM SURE EVERYONE WIL LAUGH WHEN I ASK..BUT DANG!...IS LAG OVER THE TOP? I HAD .9FPM THE OTHER DAY AND ONLY HAVE 3.3 TODAY..WHY?

Unless it is your connection, it is most likely the region you are on and-or the number of avatars wearing a lots of heavy mesh.  Not new news. Try going to a calmer sim and see if you have the same issues. I was at 107 up in the sky yesterday and currently 43 on the ground. I do NOT have a new heavy duty computer any longer (time changes the metrics :D) but I also don't make heavy mesh LOL. 

Yes went to another location...had the same thing. Many of my friends are IM'ing me asking what is going on..most give up and log out...I did, too. I am using a laptop, but usually run 25-45 fpm...and I have a good/fast cable connection...no problems.

35 minutes ago, Fressca said:

You said it was better in the sky...I have heard that is so for most.  I live on mainland...how high up can I put our home? Maybe that will help with the home place?

Mainland is usually cluttered regardlessif you are on ground or sky so fly straight up and while having your draw distance to a reasonable setting look around.

Wherever you see that there are just a few objects put your home. You can rez things up to 4096m but its best to stop at 4000m.

FPS seems to be ok for me and other people i talk to in the game.

"Skybox" is our term for any structure that's up in the sky.  It can be an actual home, or a simulated landscape enclosed in a dome, or a giant airship, or just a flat prim.  The point is that lag is reduced at altitudes over 1,000m because ground textures are no longer rendered.

To give you a solid answer we need your computer/viewer specs. Use HELP->About... and copy and paste that info here.Do that when you ask any tech question. It will save you stepping through all our wild guesses.

There are a whole bunch of things you can do to boost the frame rate. Bigmoe's draw distance is the easy first thing to look at.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.