Mark forum as read

KT Kingsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Usually when I click on "Mark forum as read" I get a popup asking me to confirm. Every so often (and it's happening right now) there's no popup, but the page is refreshed, with all the topics shown as read. It takes two back clicks to get back to the main forums page. After a while the behavior has returned to normal.

Is this something to do with my browser playing up, or is it an issue with the forum software?

3 hours ago, KT Kingsley said:

Usually when I click on "Mark forum as read" I get a popup asking me to confirm. Every so often (and it's happening right now) there's no popup, but the page is refreshed, with all the topics shown as read. It takes two back clicks to get back to the main forums page. After a while the behavior has returned to normal.

Is this something to do with my browser playing up, or is it an issue with the forum software?

I've never before had it mark the forum as read without the popup confirmation box - until today.   I clicked on the 'Mark forum as read' link in a few forums yesterday and it did give the confirmation box every time.  I've also clicked that link a few times today and have not yet had a confirmation box.

• Thanks 1

With the logins being shut down earlier due to issues on the grid, it seems to have had an effect on the forum as well since I'm pretty sure LL hosts the forum (software) themselves on their own server (hardware). While the forum doesn't always "crash" when the grid goes into muscle spasms, that doesn't mean the server it is on isn't affected as well. There have been other "odd" things to happen on the forum to others today.

I think that means we aren't alone. 🙃

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had this off and on for the last few months.  As I am a Linux/Brave user, I put it down to something in the  dependency chain for the Brave browser (Chromium based).  I'd love it if we could have a setting to NOT ask for confirmations.  I hate the bloody things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.