How do I know if I'm banned?

Flea Habilis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've never been banned from Second Life but I'm having log in issues and I'm trying to rule out all possibilities, no matter how far fetched. Is there any website or place on the Second Life main page that will tell me if I've been banned? Should I get an email? I just want to rule this out as a possibility ASAP so I can sleep.

11 answers to this question

Don't worry if you get banned(Account disabled/on hold) you will see this message. Anything else is simply DNS or Login database issues.

Go watch a movie, cook or have a shower and eventually it will be fixed.

Screenshot_2020-07-08_13-47-41.thumb.png.65ccffb22e8a170dc39cb1e30c60841f.png

Just a quick response-

On 7/8/2020 at 10:46 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm always curious about the daily behavior of those who immediately think about being banned when they can't log in.

I've been around the internet a few times. I remember back in the day that there were some game servers that would accuse you of operating bots if you and another family member were online in the same game at the same time and you could get banned for that. We also now live in a time where someone could get brigaded and falsely reported for having an unpopular opinion spoken at the wrong moment to the wrong crowd. I've been in this game 12 and a half years. I know I've done nothing to warrant a ban, but that doesn't mean things like this don't happen. 

You're not the only one to make a comment like this and every game has someone willing to make it. Throwing this kind of shade is completely unnecessary. If I defend myself, I look guilty. If I say nothing, it looks like I'm guilty too. To act like mistakes don't get made, malicious behavior isn't possible, or anything in between is the kind of holier than thou attitude of someone who says dumb ***** like "well, if you did nothing wrong, you got nothing to worry about from the cops" and I bet you STILL freak out if you see blue and red lights behind you and double check the ol' speedometer.

I don't respond like this to everyone who says it... but I guess you got lucky. I'm unsubbing from this thread so I'm not going to see any responses from you. I doubt you'll see this one.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.