Odaks

Cannot derez object due to Inventory fault

Posted (edited)

Using Firestorm, if I rez a cube, then delete it, it stays put and eventually I get the above error message.

Also, if I attempt to take it back, it simply stays rezzed. Any attempt to return it by another authorised person also fails.

I've repeated this in two different regions - Babiarz and Sea of Ruby.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit to add:

Its been reproduced by another group member now

Second edit:

I'm now totally unable to log back in; tried several regions. "Login Failed. Despite our best efforts......"

Third edit!

LL are on the case - Status page now updated with this:-

Identified - We've identified the issue. We're working on a fix now.
Jul 8, 02:31 PDT
Investigating - Second Life is currently unavailable. Our engineers are working on correcting the issue as quickly as we can. Please check this blog for future updates as we have them.
Jul 8, 01:55 PDT

Edited by Odaks
More info

oh my goodness i cant believe this crap i pay good money to play on this game and the servers are always fricked up smh

28 minutes ago, johndoe4881 said:

oh my goodness i cant believe this crap i pay good money to play on this game and the servers are always fricked up smh

There was previously an "outage".  Everything should be OK now.

Apparently the issue has returned..or not gone away fully to begin with. I've run into this similar issue as the SLCG Station at Promethium. I was trying to delete my boat after finishing the trip and was met with "Cannot derez object due to inventory fault."  😒

I'm having the same problem, logged off ,cleared cash logged back in and it's still there, nothing we can do now, we just have to wait for them to fix it.

Multiple issues are going on involving inventory and avatar baking. Last time I checked grid status, nothing was mentioned there.

okay glad this is not just me. having the same issue and cannot derezz. also taking much longer to be more than a red cloud right now

22 minutes ago, seeno29 said:

I'm having the same problem, logged off ,cleared cash logged back in and it's still there, nothing we can do now, we just have to wait for them to fix it.

Yeah, skip trying this.  30 minutes later and I'm still mist with maybe 20k inv loaded

Welcome back everyone!! So nice that you could all make it yet again!

/me lights a couple of paraffin lamps, grabs hands with @Sylvia Tamalyn and @seeno29 and starts softly singing, "Kumbaya...."

• Haha 2