What the hell is happening with Second life.

Kittycoco95

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I  get the same message as you when i try to log in as well  Home , last location different accounts makes no difference all comes back the same It will not let me log in   It sux this is happening but now at least I know it's happening to all of us as we speak Wonder what the F'ing problem is?

3 minutes ago, CaidenceHarrison said:

I'm in Australian and I can't log in.  I've checked everything they suggest checking.  I would submit a ticket but they don't make that easy as i can't seem to navigate that there and the grid status page says everything is just peachy!

Typically, IT people try to make you believe that problems are on your side, that it's something you did wrong or that your system isn't properly configured. Sometimes — just sometimes — they are right but that's not the case here. 😜

• Like 1

Same issue.  On The east coast of the US.  All alt's i get the same thing.  Actually went through all the steps i could find to resolve this issue (Manual Cache Clear, Clean reinstall, Rebooted my modem, Router and PC, Flushed DNS) And in the process of doing the clean install i aparently didn't install Firestorm in the proper place during my last install and accidently deleted my entire steam library while uninstalling Firestorm..... 😞

Then i decided to check here to see if anyone else was having issues.... Wish i checked here before i accidently deleted a Terabyte worth of Games....

48 minutes ago, Vicki Shim said:

welcome to SL where they take your money but still wont fix the issues since 2006 :D

You mention 2006, which happens to be the year when I joined SL. So, let me tell you that it seems that your memory is rather imperfect, or perhaps ”selective”, because back then, there were day-long grid down-times (pretty much every week, and not always planned ones, by far), something yet to be seen nowadays.

Your affirmation cannot be wronger actually, and LL does fix a lot of things. Beside the servers, the viewer also saw a tremendous improvement in its stability (back in 2006, staying logged in without crashing for a full hour was deemed a record breaking performance).

I'm the first to criticize LL when they do things wrongly (and they sadly regularly do things wrong, such as pushing EEP to release status before it is even remotely ready), but they cannot be criticized on this particular point.

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

You mention 2006, which happens to be the year when I joined SL. So, let me tell you that it seems that your memory is rather imperfect, or perhaps ”selective”, because back then, there were day-long grid down-times (pretty much every week, and not always planned ones, by far), something yet to be seen nowadays.

Your affirmation cannot be wronger actually, and LL does fix a lot of things. Beside the servers, the viewer also saw a tremendous improvement in its stability (back in 2006, staying logged in without crashing for a full hour was deemed a record breaking performance).

I'm the first to criticize LL when they do things wrongly (and they sadly regularly do things wrong, such as pushing EEP to release status before it is even remotely ready), but they cannot be criticized on this particular point.

take a joke jeeze >< facepalm

What are you are experiencing here is a very very very very old platform.  You will experience this for the rest of your life until one day.....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.  The platform can no longer handle technology and the future.  Welcome to old SL where nothing gets updated.

1 minute ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Phew, at least they are acknowledging the problem and working on it. It would be pretty ridiculous if grid status stayed in the green through this.

It happened before. I mean issues that were fixed and never made it to the GSP.

• Like 1

2 Hipp and 1 Hurra ................... The Login is available again.

From my point of view, it was acted in an acceptable time and the problem was solved. In about 1 hour, with such errors, there is an acceptable amount of time to repair the damage.

Thanks to the Linden server admins for the fix.

Edited by Miller Thor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.