SL Freezes when Getting IMs or Group Notices

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello to all!

For a long time i been noticing some annoying behavior on SL. Every time i am in a crowded place, my viewer freezes (black screen for some seconds) when i receive a direct message, or when i get a group message. It gets worse if i get multiple IMs or if the open chat is very flooded (like clubs). I use Firestorm.

Any idea of what i can do to stop that or what may be causing the issue?

Thank you so much for the attention :)

Edited by MeeaMarrie

Hello, thank you for answering! i don't use another viewer for a long time. I use a notebook, Acer Aspire intel core I5 with Intel HD graphics, 8GB Ram. Yes, I know its not a super machine but i usually risk myself on high graphics (at least for light and materials) but even when i low the graphics settings on such crowded places, the issues persists.

I checked and the chat log is active, should i disable it?

4 minutes ago, MeeaMarrie said:

I checked and the chat log is active, should i disable it?

Yes, disable it and see how it goes. Realistically speaking chat logging isn't worth anything.

• 2 years later...

I've been having this issue for months now, and was looking to find some resolution. It's not my computer because it only happens on one of my accounts. Actually, it started happening on a second account now as of last night. Both of the affected accounts are Premium. One is almost 16 years old, the other is 7 months. I use the same Firestorm viewer for both. No one else I know has these issues, but they also don't have Premium. I've even tried logging in on friend's computers and the same issue happens, but only on these two accounts. They're my main accounts so it's very frustrating and limits my activities. I'd love to try any suggestions if anyone has some tips!  I'm not disabling chat logs, that is useful and it's enabled on all of my accounts so that can't be the problem. 

3 hours ago, Tamraen Dryke said:

I've been having this issue for months now, and was looking to find some resolution. It's not my computer because it only happens on one of my accounts. Actually, it started happening on a second account now as of last night. Both of the affected accounts are Premium. One is almost 16 years old, the other is 7 months. I use the same Firestorm viewer for both. No one else I know has these issues, but they also don't have Premium. I've even tried logging in on friend's computers and the same issue happens, but only on these two accounts. They're my main accounts so it's very frustrating and limits my activities. I'd love to try any suggestions if anyone has some tips!  I'm not disabling chat logs, that is useful and it's enabled on all of my accounts so that can't be the problem. 

You may or may not be having similar issues as here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/494389-some-odd-behaviour-in-fs/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.