Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I keep getting demands asking for money from a "Kevin367" is the latest, I block then, next back with a change in the number after his name i.e.; "Kevin702" "Kevin763" "Kevin792" "Kevin796" "Kevin934" and "Kevin976" no doubt there will be more to come, possibly he could be doing it to a lot more people.     

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

File an Abuse Report for harassment, the quicker the better. The governance team can deal with it. I might suggest reporting as many of the various names that you cam together with copies of the messages they send, on one report. That might save the governance team having to sort out loads of what is effectively the same report.

 

If its any consolation, you're not the only one. Read the full story here:-

 

Edited by Odaks
Extra info
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Panteleeva2 said:

I heard at Black Affair there's a big sign that says:Kevin you are not welcomed here😂😂

Yes that is true, there is a sign at The Black Fair about him 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is it a male version of "Karen"?

"Kevin" is the name used for really dumb people.  

In SL, Kevin is just an annoying, spamming beggar trying to scam people out of lindens by "claiming" he has saved up 238 lindens, but needs 462 lindens to be able to afford to buy a skin/shape for his avatar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

 

26 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is it a male version of "Karen"?

"Kevin" is the name used for really dumb people.  

At least we don't have to worry about him calling our manager..

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Yeah "Kevin" has become a "thing"...especially on Facebook.

In Germany "Kevin" has been associated with stupidity and low-class for at least 20 years. There is even a saying, that translates to "Kevin is not a name, but a diagnosis". This stems from the type of person, who seemed to be most likely to give their children foreign names based on celebrities and popular movies.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

In Germany "Kevin" has been associated with stupidity and low-class for at least 20 years. There is even a saying, that translates to "Kevin is not a name, but a diagnosis". This stems from the type of person, who seemed to be most likely to give their children foreign names based on celebrities and popular movies.

I'm sure there are some good "Kevin" definitions at Urban Dictionary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

you asked for it.. kevin

 

55 minutes ago, Eseme Nova said:

A lot of those are stupidly wholesome.  Yes, i read them.  All of them.

See also: irony, satire, kevin

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MaxmusArgent said:

I keep getting demands asking for money from a "Kevin367" is the latest, I block then, next back with a change in the number after his name i.e.; "Kevin702" "Kevin763" "Kevin792" "Kevin796" "Kevin934" and "Kevin976" no doubt there will be more to come, possibly he could be doing it to a lot more people.     

All these Kev's are beggar bots with the same old story profile pic and "Joined today" when you check their rezz date i'm sure they get lucky and some naive people do give them money i had an alt with L$0 targeted at the SL17B shop and hop most recently wasn't sure what the most appropriate AR category was so didn't bother

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 5:51 AM, Syo Emerald said:

There is even a saying, that translates to "Kevin is not a name, but a diagnosis". This stems from the type of person, who seemed to be most likely to give their children foreign names based on celebrities and popular movies.

Do you think they are being named after Kevin Bacon, Kevin Costner, Kevin Kline, Kevin Smith, Kevin Spacey, or ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 7, 2020 at 5:32 AM, Jordan Whitt said:

In SL, Kevin is just an annoying, spamming beggar trying to scam people out of lindens by "claiming" he has saved up 238 lindens, but needs 462 lindens to be able to afford to buy a skin/shape for his avatar. 

I got an IM from him recently, I always tell those people I would love to help but I was saving up for a purchase myself and need another 346 more linden, but that if I get extra I would be sure to keep them in mind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...