Spamming with Multi Avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I keep getting demands asking for money from a "Kevin367" is the latest, I block then, next back with a change in the number after his name i.e.; "Kevin702" "Kevin763" "Kevin792" "Kevin796" "Kevin934" and "Kevin976" no doubt there will be more to come, possibly he could be doing it to a lot more people.     

• Haha 1

File an Abuse Report for harassment, the quicker the better. The governance team can deal with it. I might suggest reporting as many of the various names that you cam together with copies of the messages they send, on one report. That might save the governance team having to sort out loads of what is effectively the same report.

If its any consolation, you're not the only one. Read the full story here:-

Edited by Odaks
Extra info
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is it a male version of "Karen"?

"Kevin" is the name used for really dumb people.  

In SL, Kevin is just an annoying, spamming beggar trying to scam people out of lindens by "claiming" he has saved up 238 lindens, but needs 462 lindens to be able to afford to buy a skin/shape for his avatar. 

40 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Yeah "Kevin" has become a "thing"...especially on Facebook.

In Germany "Kevin" has been associated with stupidity and low-class for at least 20 years. There is even a saying, that translates to "Kevin is not a name, but a diagnosis". This stems from the type of person, who seemed to be most likely to give their children foreign names based on celebrities and popular movies.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

In Germany "Kevin" has been associated with stupidity and low-class for at least 20 years. There is even a saying, that translates to "Kevin is not a name, but a diagnosis". This stems from the type of person, who seemed to be most likely to give their children foreign names based on celebrities and popular movies.

I'm sure there are some good "Kevin" definitions at Urban Dictionary.

6 hours ago, MaxmusArgent said:

I keep getting demands asking for money from a "Kevin367" is the latest, I block then, next back with a change in the number after his name i.e.; "Kevin702" "Kevin763" "Kevin792" "Kevin796" "Kevin934" and "Kevin976" no doubt there will be more to come, possibly he could be doing it to a lot more people.     

All these Kev's are beggar bots with the same old story profile pic and "Joined today" when you check their rezz date i'm sure they get lucky and some naive people do give them money i had an alt with L$0 targeted at the SL17B shop and hop most recently wasn't sure what the most appropriate AR category was so didn't bother

On 7/7/2020 at 5:51 AM, Syo Emerald said:

There is even a saying, that translates to "Kevin is not a name, but a diagnosis". This stems from the type of person, who seemed to be most likely to give their children foreign names based on celebrities and popular movies.

Do you think they are being named after Kevin Bacon, Kevin Costner, Kevin Kline, Kevin Smith, Kevin Spacey, or ?

On July 7, 2020 at 5:32 AM, Jordan Whitt said:

In SL, Kevin is just an annoying, spamming beggar trying to scam people out of lindens by "claiming" he has saved up 238 lindens, but needs 462 lindens to be able to afford to buy a skin/shape for his avatar. 

I got an IM from him recently, I always tell those people I would love to help but I was saving up for a purchase myself and need another 346 more linden, but that if I get extra I would be sure to keep them in mind. 

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.