Lost Items. Is it possible to get them back?

peppy210

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a premium membership and originally had a Linden Labs home, but I decided to buy a plot of land instead.

So I went into my land settings and picked up all objects and abandoned my home for easy cleanup.

But now that I'm decorating my new place, I realized some items are missing from my inventory.

There's a mixture of items I bought from the marketplace and a lot of gacha items that are not in my inventory. Instead of the item, I only have a blank folder with the name of the item on it.

Is there a possible way I can get them back? Or do I just have to take the L and move on? I am kind of upset because I spent a lot of linden on some of these items...

2 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

They may have linked with other objects no copies can do that.

Try rezzing any linksets from your inventory - items you had out alongside the gachas - chances are they are hidden in there!

OH MY GOD! Thank you so much. I had no idea this would happen. I have two sets of combined items and all my missing things are there :)

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, peppy210 said:

OH MY GOD! Thank you so much. I had no idea this would happen. I have two sets of combined items and all my missing things are there :)

It's easily done! Best thing to pick up your no copy items one by one to be on the safe side!

• Like 4

Visit your average sandbox and you can be sure there's someone there basically going through a massive clump of 'oops' trying to find that thing that does the stuff... 😉

If you're still premium, map to the OLD linden homes and look at the sandboxes there when going through this stuff. The lower traffic of those spots makes it a lot easier to go through stuff without other people's clutter confusing things.

Also... SL Geek Tip of the day:

you can take a COPY of all of the copyable items from you new place - rez that clump in a sandbox and mess around with linking together anything that's 'mod' and "mostly not scripted" - often you can find ways of linking things that dramatically reduce the land impact cost... effectively giving you "free prims" for your home. Once you find a perfect combination - take that into inventory and replace the stuff in your home it has with the new 'pile of linked thingies'.

- will also likely mess it up and destroy things a few times, which is why you want to only do this with copy-able items, because every couple links you'll blow the whole mess up and have to start over with a new copy... O.o

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

A good tip for picking up a lot of items at once . . . go to the top of your viewer and into the build menu and down to the options. Choose the option of select only copyable objects and pick those up first. Then click that off and pick up your no-copy items. I do this all the time. I make large builds and save them in folders with no-copy items loose.

I am glad you found all your things. I once deleted my entire landscaping folder (and I landscape in Second Life and had thousands and thousands of things). I almost rage quit and had to get re-deliveries of everything. It took days.

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.