hackers

BriceMeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Mort Halt at 4:20 PM

this happened on the 07/02/20

as for the time this was around 8-9 slt i think

it was weird
[3:42 PM]
i was in a certain beach
[3:42 PM]
and suddenly got kicked out with a random page bu something saying i crashed or something
[3:43 PM]
i got a bad feeling so i changed my password and save it in my browser
[3:43 PM]
when i tried to get online it didnt worked

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hello Mort Halt,

Thank you for your reply.

Since the information you have provided does not match the details on this account, we will unfortunately be unable to assist you further or provide you with any information regarding the account.

We hope you understand that we verify this information to keep the accounts of our customers secure.

If you have other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Sparky Linden

Account Security

Linden Lab

I am talking to Mort to calm him down but I am worried for my account being hacked also.  This can happen to anyone, your Sparky did not believe him either ..you have IP ADDRESSES THAT before that date will be different after this date.  Please help my friend and me. 

3 answers to this question

This forum is just users answering users. You have not reached Linden Labs. 

If you wish to contact Linden Labs, I would suggest you'd file a ticket, or, if you are premium account holder, join LL on live chat.

Since everyone on the forums are just users, there is nothing that I or anyone else here can do for you.

• Like 1

Your post is very confusing, but it appears that "Mort Halt" (whether that's your friend or your alt) was given some security questions by LL to verify that he was the legitimate owner of that account, and answered them incorrectly.

Mort can file another Support Case and appeal LL's decision.  If he does so, he should offer to provide LL with alternative proof of his identity...for example, a scan of his drivers license or birth certificate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BriceMeda said:
I am worried for my account being hacked also.  This can happen to anyone,

i doubt if we ever encoutered Hacked accounts. It always ended in being phished, aka gave the login info to a malicious site.
The problem your friend describes could also be a very simple crash, and not being able to login for a while to the same location... changing this might already solve it.
IP adresses mean not a lot.. many ISP's change that all the time, also traveling residents would be in trouble if a changing IP would block or raise red flags.

The message from LL is clear.. your friend did not give the right answers to prove he/she is the owner of the account. LL will not talk about details or provide support in that case.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.