New Homes in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Linden Homes tend to be all taken, at Bellissiera at least - but just refreshing the page, there's usually some that pop up. Last time I did the Game of Homes I got about 4 of them in an hour. But there's no way to check the available homes page unless you have a premium account and don't currently have a Linden Home.

You can't really know in advance because they are in high demand and as soon as one gets released, it's gone in seconds. So even if you did know in advance, and sign up for Premium at that moment, by the time you get in it would already be gone. 

BUT there is a steady stream of released homes and if you're patient, you can still get them. I'd say it would be unusual to try all day and not get one.

9 minutes ago, Benson Gravois said:

So the answer is one would have to sign up and sit at your computer for an hour trying to get one by constantly refreshing?

If you want to just wait, sometime late fall / early winter, LL will be releasing the next theme -- the Stilt homes that are on display at SL17B. When those are released, the release will be multiple thousands of homes -- at least 2000-3000.  Not only will those homes be released, but there will likely be more of the existing themes release, and there will definitely be plenty of folks abandoning their existing home to switch to the new theme.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Huh... I wonder why that quote from Nika on Linden Homes shows a picture of my Orc avatar standing on top of a skybox I used to have on my Zindra land.

Anyway... yeah homes pop onto the refresh page constantly so the 'wait' is not really going to be extensive for someone who actively tries to get a home.

Look through the thread on the Linden Homes sub forum and you'll see most people are getting in pretty fast. Even someone picky for a style usually only waits a few days.

2 hours ago, Benson Gravois said:

So the answer is one would have to sign up and sit at your computer for an hour trying to get one by constantly refreshing?

There's a limit to the number of times it will let you refresh (I think it's 10 refreshes per 10 minutes), but basically, yes. 

• Like 1

Chances are good you will get the option to take a trailer/camper.  I didn’t see traditional, cabins or houseboats as an option this past week but others will say they got them.  So it’s really just a matter of chance.  The excitement when you do wind up with one you like tho, is worth the tedious waiting.  & you never know- you could just as easily land the right one on your first go :)

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you want to just wait, sometime late fall / early winter, LL will be releasing the next theme -- the Stilt homes that are on display at SL17B. When those are released, the release will be multiple thousands of homes -- at least 2000-3000.  Not only will those homes be released, but there will likely be more of the existing themes release, and there will definitely be plenty of folks abandoning their existing home to switch to the new theme.

I really like my boathouse and the location... But stilt houses are intriguing.

I recently got a Linden Home in Belli. Houseboats seem to be a bit rare, but everything else can be catched in a short time. No need to be glued to the screen for hours and refreshing. Being active in the thread in den Linden Home forum helps a lot too. Someone there helped me getting a houseboat.

Timing and I guess luck plays a part.. and making sure you're quick to snatch one of the homes.. but definitely the thread listed above was a huge help.. cause sometimes people announce if they're giving up their home. ☺️ 

11 hours ago, Benson Gravois said:

If you are on vacation, that is not so hard as it seems. You can also catch homes after/before work. You can have the homes page on your mobile and click there. I will not say a name... but a friend randomly clicked on her mobile just before she got to bed, and got a houseboat in the best location I have seen.

I updated and alt to Premium for July. (she was a birthday present to myself, I am born in July) I have refreshed manually and with auto-refresh.

Starting July 1:

Moretti, Circles, Le Prince (twice)

July 2:

Penrod (twice in a row), Parsnip Greens

July 3:

Circles, Mando Coast, Paislee Springs, Downing Falls, Circles (again)

July 4:

Moretti, Point Sampson, Gaim... And stopped in Kahuna, where she will stay.

I had Traditionals, Houseboats and Victorians. I did not click to try and catch Log Homes or Campers, but saw them many times. I clicked manually on July 1 and 2, and had auto-refresh the 3 and 4 of July.

You can search them up on the map and teleport in if you want.

I did not sit and stare at the page, I was reading, I follow some internet books, read social media, newspapers and such. As long as I was at the computer, I either turned on auto-refresh or clicked once in a while.

Game of Homes is addictive. That is why I jump around so much. I have been in Bellisseria since April last year, so I am looking for new places, other locations than I had. Marianne (me) hold another house that will be released, so it's Game of Houses again.

It is many house hoppers, so if you see a home on the page that you miss, it is possible it is released after just minutes again.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify

I played Game of Homes a couple days ago just to see whats available and got several houseboats, a few Victorians (houses, not people), some log cabins, a trailer or three, tons of older homes in older areas (of which I'm quite fond - so sue me) and a notification that I could only refresh 9 times in 10 minutes (or 10 in 10) then had to wait 10.

They've really outdone themselves with the stilt homes at Enchant. They're gorgeous. Was imagining the delighted reactions of whoever the few lucky people will be that manage to snag the ones out over the water. Just perfect! 

Curious.  I could have sworn I was able to check for houses on a non premium alt in the past, I went and logged into her and I could indeed see home types that currently had vacancies. The first time it only showed me the older Linden Homes, and then I hit refresh and it looked like a Traditional home was available. When you click through to pick a house without premium, it then prompts you to sign up for it.  I think? I could be wrong, unless what they are showing is not accurate portrayal of what is actually available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

Curious.  I could have sworn I was able to check for houses on a non premium alt in the past, I went and logged into her and I could indeed see home types that currently had vacancies. The first time it only showed me the older Linden Homes, and then I hit refresh and it looked like a Traditional home was available. When you click through to pick a house without premium, it then prompts you to sign up for it.  I think? I could be wrong, unless what they are showing is not accurate portrayal of what is actually available.

Yep, you are correct.  I didn't think it let you because the "Get your home now' link is not on the main Dashboard page, over to the right side.  You have to expand Land Manager and click no Linden Home, and then click the 'Get your home now' link. 

It will show all homes though -- it just showed my non-premium alt a Victorian.

ETA:  Unless it is one of LL's large releases, there likely won't be enough time to go through the Premium signup and still actually claim the home that was seen on the page.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.