problem someone spamming my account??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I  went to 'the skins' Legacy location yesterday to look at bodies.  I started getting all these IMs...  Like around 30 IMs from this  person wanting me to join something...  I don't really know.  And I did NOT ACCEPT anything the  person was trying to send me.  I did  write to the person before BLOCKING them and said that I wanted them to stop writing me and to stop sending me stuff.  Again ...  I did not accept anything from this person.  But...  I did write to them which may be the problem.  And I did block them.  

But...

I  did not matter that I blocked the offender.  I get 100s of spam sent to my inventory.  It was awful.  And I could not use EDIT to  find out who exactly the offender was.  So...  I did block everyone in RECENT.  I don't know what else to do.  Because...  I'm still getting things sent to my inventory.  Can anyone tell me what I may be able to do or who I can write to to tell them whats going on?

Just now, Nick0678 said:

Well those 30 messages on local chat was their system asking you to join the Legacy Group. I got them too..

Hi Nick...  No...   it was not messages about 'the shop.'  I'm already a member.  And the messages, etc were about free items that had nothing to do with 'the shops.'  And i was getting 100s of items sent to inventory which i did not accept.

8 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

Ty...  Because I did try to send them a message in chat.  But 'the shops' always has their chat closed.  I will try the  NC thing.

The Shops, TMP, Legacy, Classic, Default, System Avatar, Meshbody or what ever they are calling themselves do have a group with group chat but they don't like/you aren't allowed to say anything negative about the products or you'll get kicked out. If you've joined a group called "The Shops" you will want to join the rather unhelpfully named "LiveHelp" if you want access to group chat

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

Hi Nick...  No...   it was not messages about 'the shop.'  I'm already a member.  And the messages, etc were about free items that had nothing to do with 'the shops.'  And i was getting 100s of items sent to inventory which i did not accept.

if your using firestorm there is a debug setting somewhere that can help prevent all those extra things being sent to your inventory. I just dont remember what it is. that might help stop all that. 

@Whirly Fizzle your help might be needed here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I think the setting Drakona is thinking of is in Preferences/Firestorm tab/Protection sub-tab, "enable spam protection".

not really there is a debug setting that prevents the newer updated viewers from just adding the things to inventory by default. it was mentioned by whirly in another thread but I cant remember which one at the moment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.