Can we please have a comments section on Marketplace listings?

Sara Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, there's reviews, but you can't post a review unless you've bought the product via the Marketplace listing (as opposed to in-world.) And even if you did, sometimes you might just want to post a comment without affecting the rating, though that's less of an issue. You can at least post comments on reviews that others have already posted, but that seems weird if you want to say something that isn't related to that specific review. Why can't there just be a regular comments section for the item as well as the reviews section? What if I want to ask a question about the product before I buy? I could IM the creator, but it would be nice to have it publicly posted on the listing for other customers, as well as letting other people answer. (An Amazon-like Q&A feature that notifies people who've bought the product would be cool.)

Is there some reason Linden Lab might have intentionally left this feature out, or have they simply not gotten around to adding it?

37 minutes ago, Sara Nova said:

Yes, there's reviews, but you can't post a review unless you've bought the product via the Marketplace listing

why comment on items you dont even are possible to have used or had in hands?
Would be the perfect tool for competitors to burn others to the ground.
i think the option to IM the seller is the best, keeps also the zillion questions out that are already in the item description, it's every day visible on the forums people don't read those or manuals.

Don't repair if it's not broken, it might get worse.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.