Some griefer is spamming a message in the IM's.

MLALRS7044

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi. I want to complain about someone that keeps sending a message begging for money to ALL Second Life residents.

The message:

[10:30] (REDACTED): hey nice avatar...im new to this game and saved 238 of those linden things from a contest and camping...im trying to get this skin/shape combo for 700...i feel bad for asking but can you please lend me 462 so i can get it?...if not thats fine too...just seems nobody wants to help me out

Can anyone at Linden Lab permanently ban that guy yet?

21 answers to this question

Linden Lab won't even know about the person unless you submit a detailed Abuse Report.  Posting here won;t do any good at all.  We are all SL residents like you.  FWIW, that person is not sending the IM to all accounts in SL.  That would be extremely difficult. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Linden Lab won't even know about the person unless you submit a detailed Abuse Report.  Posting here won;t do any good at all.  We are all SL residents like you.  FWIW, that person is not sending the IM to all accounts in SL.  That would be extremely difficult. 

Okay. Thanks for the info. I will send a detailed report.

12 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Perma for begging? That's, well, unlikely.

You'd be better off by simply muting such bots.

For any other account I would agree, but this is 'Kevin', whose accounts number in the hundreds. His begging accounts used to be known as Jason, and each name has three numbers after it, which he increases by one for each account (kevin123, kevin124, kevin125 etc). I'm sure that now he's finished with his 'J' name and is reaching the mid-800s on the numbers for his 'K' name we'll soon see a new spate of names beginning with L. It'll be interesting to see which name he picks next. Luke, maybe?

We joke about him being our 'pet' at Catwa, because he's got at least one account loitering at the store landing point every day, but in reality he's an utter nuisance. He will disappear as soon as a store manager tells him to sod off, but that requires one of us to be at the landing point 24/7. There's no point in banning each account, because he uses each one just once - most likely for 24 hours - and the last one that I told to leave the store before I booted him about three days ago was number 858 in his current naming system. He's even sent me an IM at the Catwa store before now, and I'm sure you can imagine what I told him in return...

He also hits up large events - almost always wearing the default 70s male starter avatar. His behaviour is so annoying that at least one event has now resorted to putting up signs such as the one below:

50801ed8be18846b626c87f874f03e6d.png

So yes, in the case of this one I would argue that a permaban is merited. He's not a griefer, as the OP suggests, but he is a bloody nuisance.

• Like 10

I heard from him while at the SL17 shopping extravaganza. I just ignored him.

Few days later I heard from him while shopping at Blueberry. I checked who was nearby, to see if he was on sim (he was) and IM'ed back about getting the same message a few days earlier WORD FOR WORD. No response, so I sent him a sweet good bye (starts with f and ends with off). Message said he signed out.

EDIT: The name used was Kevin528 and Kevin894. SOB gets around.

Just mute and blacklist for now if you get another beg from this Einstein.

**I have the chat on my desktop if needed. I'm here now on my lappy.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon
Correcting name from Mike to Kevin. No idea where I got Mike.

He hit me up again (4th time) a few days ago at Blueberry.

I asked about getting it back if I gave him any L's (after reading his profile and seeing no financial info). He didn't answer me. I'll just ignore him from now on or maybe play him like a cat with yarn.

Have to see what mood I'm in.

19 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

"He's" a bot, Jerilynn!

That kinda lets the air out of my balloon. *rolls up yarn*

I never claimed to understand E=MC2, but seriously I could see someone making an alt EVERYDAY to pull a stunt like this. I guess I'll just ignore now.

Never mind.

giphy.gif

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

ALERT! Looks like Kevin has a new tactic:

[09:56] Kevin<numbers redacted> Resident: hi can I please have 10L to upload a picture for my profile?

I redacted the numbers, but in all honesty it's barely worth it. Also note that he's now started putting FOUR numbers after his name instead of three.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2020 at 3:54 AM, MLALRS7044 said:

Hi. I want to complain about someone that keeps sending a message begging for money to ALL Second Life residents.

Oh wow. And here I thought it was just me.

I have seen this guy in tons of events, especially collabor88, and he always sends the same message.

At least 10 of his avatars are in my block list.

I thought he held personal grudge against me. LOL

and 462 lindens sounds weirdly specific

Edited by shiviex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.