Animal ears look wonky

EuphieDesu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i'm trying to make a deer avatar and my ears just don't look right. This is the rigged version. I tried the non-rigged, they look fine, but I can't use them because the hud that changes the ears's colors won't recognize the non-rigged ones. How do I fix this problem?

ears.PNG

• Like 1

The position of rigged items cannot be changed or fixed, that's the "feature" of rigged attachments.  They don't look wonky to me though, but it is hard to tell with your hair over them. You might just be perceiving them as wonky when they're not, because of your camera angle or head position.

If they really are wonky, it's because the maker has made them that way, either on purpose or due to lack of skill. If they are bento (animated) it may be the animations and not the ears themselves that are wonky. If that's the case, it may help to find alternative animations for them (if such things exist). You mention that the non-rigged ones look fine so I am more inclined to think that the problem is with the animations rather than the ears themselves.  You could maybe ask the creator to send you a set of the rigged ones with the animations removed. Or send you a non-rigged set that works with the texture hud.

1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

The position of rigged items cannot be changed or fixed, that's the "feature" of rigged attachments.  They don't look wonky to me though, but it is hard to tell with your hair over them. You might just be perceiving them as wonky when they're not, because of your camera angle or head position.

If they really are wonky, it's because the maker has made them that way, either on purpose or due to lack of skill. If they are bento (animated) it may be the animations and not the ears themselves that are wonky. If that's the case, it may help to find alternative animations for them (if such things exist). You mention that the non-rigged ones look fine so I am more inclined to think that the problem is with the animations rather than the ears themselves.  You could maybe ask the creator to send you a set of the rigged ones with the animations removed. Or send you a non-rigged set that works with the texture hud.

No. They are wonky. They aren't supposed to be small and stretched out like that. And yes I am aware that you can't edit rigged items. This is a picture of the non-rigged ones and what they are supposed to look like.

ears2.PNG

Right it's definitely the animations then. That "stretched out" thing is a typical distortion from a bento item with the wrong animation on it. So either the animations provided with it are faulty/unsuitable, or else you have a  conflicting animation running that is deforming them.

If you're not wearing something else that's animating the ears, you will need to contact the ears' creator to get this fixed.

Edited by Lewis Luminos

3 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Right it's definitely the animations then. That "stretched out" thing is a typical distortion from a bento item with the wrong animation on it. So either the animations provided with it are faulty/unsuitable, or else you have a  conflicting animation running that is deforming them.

You will need to contact the ears' creator to get this fixed.

Asked people in the group of the store I bought it from. I just had to edit my ear size, it looks normal now. Thank you for helping though!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.