Genus head and BOM

Nelyafin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I managed to squeeze into the Genus store to pick up the free head - and it's great, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to convert the eyes to BOM. The BOM button seems to work only on the skin. Is there a way, or will I need to buy alternative mesh eyes?

I love mine too (from months ago) but ended up using mesh eyes from another creator. So will be interested to see if you get an answer.  It seemed like most eyes were problematic so far s movement with my somewhat "busy" AO. But I just pushed them in a bit and still very happy.  

Good luck. 

@Nelyafin, you can either pickup the developer's kit and make your own relay like @Pauck did or pick up this HUD on MP.

It never occurred to me that we could make our own BoM HUDs with developer kits, so thanks @Pauck for the great tip!  You saved Greg a few Lindens.

Eddy, on the other hand, had to pay for an Omega installer in order to use a third party BoM eye relay.  It only got the job half done because the scleras remained untouched.  Eddy's wearing the system demon black out eyes and you can see that the eyes aren't completely blacked out.

genusdemoneyes.png.641c274b1644de64009c134bdc2e77e6.png

After figuring out the scripts from the developer kit with the help of this handy guide, I got the demon eyes to appear as they should.

genusdemoneyes2.png.49b2c2826d5e9f26dcd4972e628ecaca.png

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

@Nelyafin, you can either pickup the developer's kit and make your own relay like @Pauck did or pick up this HUD on MP.

It never occurred to me that we could make our own BoM HUDs with developer kits, so thanks @Pauck for the great tip!  You saved Greg a few Lindens.

I have no clue how to use a developers kit but I picked up that relay off the MP and ... well, it works, but the results are unusable. The eye is much too small and the eye size function on the HUD doesn't seem to do anything at all with it.

Left is the Genus rigged eye and right is a separate mesh eye which is the size they are supposed to be.  But still, the modifiable mesh eyes were free too so that's okay, and I will carry on using those.

3b8dfb40d2ba644702b70499d9226f85.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

To make a BOM Applier is very easy.

BOM is just a texture, that SL has been told to display something else when it encounters it.

The list of all BOM textures is here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Internal_Textures

To make an eye applier you just need to apply "52cc6bb6-2ee5-e632-d3ad-50197b1dcb8a" to the eyes.

Yes, I did that with the separate mesh eyes which are mod. But the Genus rigged eyes are no-mod. That's the part I can't figure out.

In any case, if the eye is too small using the hud from the MP, it will also be too small if I make my own, yes?

7 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Does the free dev kit they have not include the ability to make appliers for their eyes?

I guess it does, since other people have made them. But Nelya and I share the same old brain that can't figure it out. 

20 hours ago, Nelyafin said:

I have no clue how to use a developers kit but I picked up that relay off the MP and ... well, it works, but the results are unusable. The eye is much too small and the eye size function on the HUD doesn't seem to do anything at all with it.

Left is the Genus rigged eye and right is a separate mesh eye which is the size they are supposed to be.  But still, the modifiable mesh eyes were free too so that's okay, and I will carry on using those.

I suspect it may be the Genus eyes themselves.  I thought to apply an invisible texture the scleras thinking it might affect the look of the irises, but I see no difference between the BoM eyeballs/BoM scleras and BoM eyeballs/alphaed scleras.  I find that putting on  system eyes with the largest irises only helped a smidgen.  

Funny how the Catwa and Letlutka eyes didn't warp as much when converted to BoM.  I didn't really notice anything off on Eddy's eyes because I thought they look proportional for their facial features. They normally wear the medium eye size.

eddybomeyes.thumb.png.b4642e92b3a03d6d2f6a01a6ed8c41bc.png

Here is Little Greg in a Catwa head (top) and Adult Greg in a Lelutka head (bottom). I'm wearing the medium eye size in both.

gregcontroleyes.thumb.png.e7628eeea147b4c476352d8bd87e0ca2.png

This is what the Genus eyes look like after being converted to BoM.

Large:

controleyes_007.png.57973f837ee437246c38bd90902b8710.png

Medium:

controleyes_005.png.eb12dc9a5e188889e309eb86438d52fb.png

Small:

controleyes_006.png.1012868aba4eaa6b592b48a0fcb9db63.png

The eyes do look reduced in size compared to Catwa and Letlutka.  While smaller eyes may work fine for adults in general, they look pretty odd on a child avatar.

Edited by Gregorian Chant
added pictures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.