Jump to content

Adult Destination population


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

HI so i had noticed under destinations the Adult destinations are no longer in the order of how many people are at the sim. In fact it doesn't the population of the adult sims currently. The order they appear in has been the same for several weeks atleast. Is this an attempt to make SL less ummm adult i guess? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, latinatransgirl said:

HI so i had noticed under destinations the Adult destinations are no longer in the order of how many people are at the sim. In fact it doesn't the population of the adult sims currently. The order they appear in has been the same for several weeks atleast. Is this an attempt to make SL less ummm adult i guess? 

population numbers are never really accurate. often a lot of places have or use bots or alts to drive up their numbers to make them seem more popular than what they were.

some adult places even go around and kidnap players with ope/auto relays in their collar and drag them back to the sim to boost their population. hoping the person is afk and wont notice what was done until their being there is long enough to count.

so a high visitor count or high population count doesn't mean they are actually popular or filled with living people that are there at that moment in time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

some adult places even go around and kidnap players with ope/auto relays in their collar and drag them back to the sim to boost their population. hoping the person is afk and wont notice what was done until their being there is long enough to count.

I've actually tried to get a collar to be able to do that and I don't think collars can do that unless someone is the owner.

Setting it to full public access and a relay on - I still can't drag a non-owned alt around.

 

That noted - adult venues do sometimes use bots. The AFK places are basically a bot-like concept. You leave your alt there and come back days or weeks later to see if you've gotten any tips. Many of them also have stacks of newbies and others that actually do go and hang out on the landing spots because they want to do this whole 'SL kink" thing but are also too shy to actually do it.. so they sit there tying to work up the nerve...

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I've actually tried to get a collar to be able to do that and I don't think collars can do that unless someone is the owner.

Setting it to full public access and a relay on - I still can't drag a non-owned alt around.

 

That noted - adult venues do sometimes use bots. The AFK places are basically a bot-like concept. You leave your alt there and come back days or weeks later to see if you've gotten any tips. Many of them also have stacks of newbies and others that actually do go and hang out on the landing spots because they want to do this whole 'SL kink" thing but are also too shy to actually do it.. so they sit there tying to work up the nerve...

 

there are some systems that do allow that; such as Sin-T.  With that system if you have the beacon on or the search hud on and anyone else has it on. they can tp you without the need of being the owner on a collar. Its often been used for that before in the past.

Or there is this system.

If you have Immersivity from ~silenced~ and they have an open relay on in their collar you can grab them and tp them to other sims as long as that sim allows rezzing. It makes the victim sit on an object. The object follows you as you tp around. You then just release them until you want to drag them off somewhere else again. No need to be trusted or the owner on their collar.

With a public collar you can leash them and drag them anywhere around on the same sim.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2020 at 6:44 AM, Maitimo said:

Not really. Those numbers (of people on the sim) have never been very accurate anyway, and only the "What's Hot Now" section sorts them in order. It's been like that for years, not weeks.

ok so maybe its not accurate ill give in to that. but the current top 5 have been there a few weeks if not months. i would go to the adult destinations tab frequently when it was being updated. so maybe its not accurate like you say. maybe there is 4 people instead of 7. but what i am saying is Adult HUb, boystown, Jubei's place are the same spot for who knows how long. all im saying is it wasnt that way maybe back in mid May/early june. off the top of my head Heavy bondage club, Lesbian teahouse, temptations were mixed in there frequently. even right now if you go to ALL the destinations the adult tab is the only one without a single person counted as being at that location but all the others do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm I see what you mean now - my guess is that the traffic figures have been removed altogether from the Adult section, either to comply with some California law or regulation, or because the numbers are so high that they are causing technical problems.

If you really need to know the reason, file a JIRA. https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...