Jump to content
  • 0
Namida Giulia

3-5k elements gone *waves to them*

Question

Hi everybody ~

Yesterday my avatar lost suddenly all the clothes, after a few I've noticed that around 3.000 - 5.000 elements of the inventory were gone. The strange thing is that when I press Ctrl+O I don't see the items in the outfits. So I've cleared the cache, deleted the file .inv in the user\AppData folder, then I've reinstalled Firestorm, installed the SL viewer, deleted the .inv files multiple times over and over, went to an empty sim, prayed to the virgin Mary and Phil Linden and nothing. It doesn't seems to be a local problem, or perhaps it is, anyway I don't get it o.O; Seems that a whole folder of the inventory is magically gone ~ Keep in mind that I'm a RPer, and I'll have to eRP using a "peg leg" *coughs* till this problem will be fixed! Thanks to who will reply and not, and also happy Independance Day to the Americans that live in the US and out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

If a folder's gone missing, first make sure you didn't delete it by mistake. Check your Trash to see if it's there.

You might also have dropped it into another folder.  If you remember the name of anything in it, type that in the Search box and see if it leads you to the folder.

If those are not the problem, first do the steps to recover missing inventory: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

If you've done those and the stuff is still missing, then file a support case with LL.  You will need to be a Premium member to get the level of tech support to look into inventory issues.  If you're not a Premium member, it may be worthwhile to sign up for a month, get the support, then downgrade back to Basic before you're charged again at the end of the month.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If a folder's gone missing, first make sure you didn't delete it by mistake. Check your Trash to see if it's there.

Hi Lindal Kidd, thanks for the reply and help! Yes, I know I've the semblance of a newbie in the forum, anyway my main avatar is 5078 days old ~ so yes, I checked the trash and also made the test to see if you can delete something that you are wearing (that's not possible, anyway I didn't remember it well so I checked). So no, I didn't delete the folder for sure. I've checked that link and already cleaned all the files, even deleted those inside AppData\Roaming\Firestorm     AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64     AppData\Roaming\SecondLife     losing all the contact sets and settings and nothing. I wonder if perhaps I need to press a combination of keys, like: back, down, forward and left mouse button ~ I think I'll upgrade to get the support yes. Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Just Log in with another viewer, personally i would try Radegast and see if the inventory on that (after it loads everything might take a while if too many items) has your files.

If not.. well.. Time for a support ticket.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So if I understand you correctly you already TRIED both the SL viewer and Firestorm and you are missing inventory (objects) in both viewers?    If that is the case then it is very likely that they are gone. 

 

We don't hear about this so much these days but if you were on the forums several years ago (or a decade) you know that it happens.  I lost my whole "Home and Garden" folder and a blogger that posted lost over 10,000 poses.  Actually I have lost clumps (thousands) of items a few time. I may still be losing them but I try not to DWELL :D.  In the past I have found that keeping numerous copies of items in different folders does little or no good. One time my store logo texture disappeared from the WHOLE GRID, not just my inventory. So items do get lost. 

 

On the tiny bit of sunshine side.  When I was having large bouts of inventory loss I found that items would sometimes come back in places that you would NEVER expect them --- like a tree showing up in the hair folder -- this after weeks.  So you may get some things back. Watch for that. 

 

I wish you luck.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Just Log in with another viewer, personally i would try Radegast and see if the inventory on that (after it loads everything might take a while if too many items) has your files.

If not.. well.. Time for a support ticket.

Thank you Nick, done and it didn't work ~

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

So if I understand you correctly you already TRIED both the SL viewer and Firestorm and you are missing inventory (objects) in both viewers?    If that is the case then it is very likely that they are gone. 

 

We don't hear about this so much these days but if you were on the forums several years ago (or a decade) you know that it happens.  I lost my whole "Home and Garden" folder and a blogger that posted lost over 10,000 poses.  Actually I have lost clumps (thousands) of items a few time. I may still be losing them but I try not to DWELL :D.  In the past I have found that keeping numerous copies of items in different folders does little or no good. One time my store logo texture disappeared from the WHOLE GRID, not just my inventory. So items do get lost. 

 

On the tiny bit of sunshine side.  When I was having large bouts of inventory loss I found that items would sometimes come back in places that you would NEVER expect them --- like a tree showing up in the hair folder -- this after weeks.  So you may get some things back. Watch for that. 

 

I wish you luck.

Thank you Chic Aeon ~ ! Yes, I've reinstalled both Firestorm and the SL viewer few times, like 3-4 each one and it didn't work. So alright, for the items that I've bought in MP I'll use that redelivery system, while for those bought on the CasperTech vendors I'll use that other redelivery system ~

I think 3 items might be back already, so perhaps I better wait and click on redelivery, yes.

Thanks for the support ~ !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
31 minutes ago, Namida Giulia said:

Thank you Nick, done and it didn't work ~

Thank you Chic Aeon ~ ! Yes, I've reinstalled both Firestorm and the SL viewer few times, like 3-4 each one and it didn't work. So alright, for the items that I've bought in MP I'll use that redelivery system, while for those bought on the CasperTech vendors I'll use that other redelivery system ~

I think 3 items might be back already, so perhaps I better wait and click on redelivery, yes.

Thanks for the support ~ !

Don't forget Marketplace re redelivery (do it yourself now often).  The first time (H and G folder) I was so VERY BUMMED. Now I try and rez my favorite things. Of course that doesn't work with clothes and hair and such.   Hope you get a bunch back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thanks, yes I've seen that in marketplace I can recover items till 2014 and perhaps over, so all good ~ I just need to remember what I'm missing now >...<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...