Any way to remove "report abuse" everywhere?

sunnyrio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, sunnyrio said:

1) That's the definition of block, if they don't go away, then the blocking system is broken too.  Linden obviously need more programmers and less police.

2) There's no reason for an object to be able to send messages at a high rate to one person.  No idea what you mean about spoilers.

1) So, if you block something it should go away? Fine - I'll block your house.

2) Wulfie only mentioned one possible type of griefing object - there are many other types that have nothing to do with messaging. Messages at a high rate (if we're considering one a second high, which it isn't)? I have a security system. To test coverage it has a mode where it sends you messages about once a second while you're in it's coverage area so you can test the extent of its coverage.

Theresa Tennyson mentally hides a few other choice comments under a mental spoiler tag.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

1) So, if you block something it should go away? Fine - I'll block your house.

2) Wulfie only mentioned one possible type of griefing object - there are many other types that have nothing to do with messaging. Messages at a high rate (if we're considering one a second high, which it isn't)? I have a security system. To test coverage it has a mode where it sends you messages about once a second while you're in it's coverage area so you can test the extent of its coverage.

Theresa Tennyson mentally hides a few other choice comments under a mental spoiler tag.

1) My house can't annoy you, you can walk away from it, clearly we're discussing things that can spam you, do keep up at the back.

2) Of course 1 a second is high, no reason for any object to do that.  Ah a security system, now I understand the type of person you are.  Like my neighbour in real life with a burglar alarm that detects pigeons, leaves, them forgetting the code, a vibration from a truck....  you do realise that in second life a burglar can't actually steal your objects?  Anyway, there's no need to test the coverage if you know what you're doing.  It's a computer program, it will work.  It's not like real life where you need to check your wiring.

Same, but mine are ruder than yours.

Edited by sunnyrio
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sunnyrio said:

1) My house can't annoy you, you can walk away from it, clearly we're discussing things that can spam you, do keep up at the back.

2) Of course 1 a second is high, no reason for any object to do that.  Ah a security system, now I understand the type of person you are.  Like my neighbour in real life with a burglar alarm that detects pigeons, leaves, them forgetting the code, a vibration from a truck....  you do realise that in second life a burglar can't actually steal your objects?  Anyway, there's no need to test the coverage if you know what you're doing.  It's a computer program, it will work.  It's not like real life where you need to check your wiring.

Same, but mine are ruder than yours.

1) How are you going to determine what can annoy someone and what can't? And no, we're not just discussing things that can spam you; it's just that you don't realize the other tasty options for annoyance that exist.

2) Aren't you the one who's saying that you should take control of your own experience rather than running for help to someone else? And if you think anything in Second Life will work the way you think reliably you're in for a rude surprise. ("It's a computer program, it will work" - I take it you've also never bought anything from Electronic Arts either.)

I have to give you credit though - in a few short weeks you've reached the level of Second Life knowledge that another of our members has taken over a dozen years to achieve - I can tell you're going to be a real pro.

*cough*

Eeee, it's going to be one of those days...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Aren't you the one who's saying that you should take control of your own experience rather than running for help to someone else?

Some people are perfectly capable of taking both sides in an argument, much to their detriment (and the confusion of everyone else).  It is part of the "I'm always right" school of argument and debate.

9 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

1) How are you going to determine what can annoy someone and what can't? And no, we're not just discussing things that can spam you; it's just that you don't realize the other tasty options for annoyance that exist.

2) Aren't you the one who's saying that you should take control of your own experience rather than running for help to someone else? And if you think anything in Second Life will work the way you think reliably you're in for a rude surprise. ("It's a computer program, it will work" - I take it you've also never bought anything from Electronic Arts either.)

I have to give you credit though - in a few short weeks you've reached the level of Second Life knowledge that another of our members has taken over a dozen years to achieve - I can tell you're going to be a real pro.

*cough*

Eeee, it's going to be one of those days...

1) That doesn't need determination.  If you're annoyed by someone using an avatar with a yellow tshirt, you have not got a leg to stand on.  Be sensible if at all possible.

2) Yes I do take control myself, which is why reporting is namby pamby, which part of this do you fail to understand?

No I haven't technically bought anything from Electronic Arts, but I know they're rubbish.  Is SL Electronic Arts?  Maybe if they employed a few more programmers and a few less people pandering to the needs of the feeble, the game would improve.  I mean the graphics look like something from 20 years ago.

It's only taken me a few weeks to realise most SL players (well the ones in the forum anyway) really shouldn't be playing games made for adults.

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Some people are perfectly capable of taking both sides in an argument, much to their detriment (and the confusion of everyone else).  It is part of the "I'm always right" school of argument and debate.

I've only taken one side, stop running to mummy!

• Haha 3

• Administrators

Alrighty, since things are getting a bit toasty in here I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

Please be aware that the Abuse Report option is there for Residents who would like to report various violations of the Terms of Service for review by the Governance Team. While we do encourage Residents to try and resolve things themselves (within reason, please no vigilantes!), this option is there for those who are encountering incidents that they feel they need further involvement from the Governance Team.  The presence of a Report option/button is pretty standard across the industry and is not going anywhere.

If you do not want to file an Abuse Report, then simply do not use the Report Abuse option. However, please note that the Governance Team will not be able to assist or become alerted of any issues without the presence of an Abuse Report if you do happen to encounter an instance where you need to report someone or something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.