Why can't I log in?

Rana Audion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So many different error messages, the same problem.

I cannot log in.

If I do manage to get logged in, I'm not on for five minutes before it tells me that I have been logged out.

Not to mention while I'm logged in all I get is a strange blue screen where I can't see anything of where I am but blue, not even myself or my name.

I get an error message that says DNS cannot resolve the host name...I get a different message the next time that says they are sorry, something went wrong, despite their best efforts they could not log me on...I've gotten another that said something similar, can't remember it now.

But I'm getting lots of error messages for the same thing...I cannot log on, and if I do, it logs me out very quickly or crashes.

What could be wrong?

1 answer to this question

Hello Rana. This error message is a usual one especially for users with Macs. See this jira:  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25627

You can find the solution at the following link:  http://neilrobinson.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/a-fix​-for-dns-errors/

You need to add the following additional DNS servers to your DNS settings in Network settings under System Preferences:

If you the problem remains and you still cant log in, try to download previous version of Viewer 2 Here having OFF your automatically software updates. (Menu Me --> Preferences --> Setup --> Software Updates --> Download and install updates manually.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.