False info on reviews?

Extrude Ragu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes, customers may write 'feature request' reviews or bug complaint reviews. The product then gets updated features get added and bugs fixed, and the review contains information that is no longer correct, and the product has a lower star rating than it would otherwise.

I've read in the past that you can get reviews like this removed. In this case, can such reviews be flagged for removal? If so, what should they be flagged as?

Edited by Extrude Ragu
double negative

16 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

In this case, can such reviews be flagged for removal? If so, what should they be flagged as?

I reckon the most appropriate category would be Off Topic - Issue already noted in item Description 
I don't think there are enough categories in the "Off Topic & Inappropriate Review" sections i was looking at a review on a product earlier and someone gave a completely unwarranted off topic 1 star review to complain about a product they'd bought inworld and not the product in the listing and there isn't a suitable option to flag it under

• Like 1

• Moderators

Greetings!

If a customer posts a review asking for features or updates or versions that work with other avatars, etc., as long as the Item Description provides information on what IS included, then Claireschen Hesten is correct, the review should be flagged as Off Topic - Issue already noted in Item Description. 

For example, if a shirt is advertised for Classic Avatars and a buyer leaves a review asking for a version of the shirt for Mesh avatars, then the review would be off topic since the listing clearly states the item is for Classic and not Mesh avatars. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i don't do changes on things unless they are actualy bugs that cannot be fixed in world if i can fix it in world i show them how and assist them otherwise i am not bothering opening the project file. most of my customers just changed their review after recieving assistance. plus i put in all of my listings the fact that if they find any issues or bugs to report them so i can fix them as i am a one person doing rigging/texturing/modeling/listing/ad covers/etc. so most of my customers are pretty happy with what they get i don't do touched up photos i just do in world screenshot so no one can say aw it looks like that in ad and different in world

Edited by Alexacroft
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.