Sign in to follow this  
Jennifer Boyle

Getting Rid of the Neck Seam

I have been experimenting a lot recently with skins for Lelutka Simone and Maitreya Lara. The only way I have found to make the neck seam completely go away is to wear a single BOM skin, so I am looking hard at BOM skins that include both head and body. The head seems to be the part where it's most likely that something won't look right. I am confused about what kind of specifications or compatibility claims I need to look for, and if there's a better way to find good ones than just trying a lot of demos, which is time-consuming and tedious.

Advice on the best way to find skins that look good on both the head and body would be mush appreciated.

Am I correct to think that this is the only way to completely lose the seam?

Thanks for any help.

This comes down to trying the demos. 

Some make skin for specific brands of heads. But, that has been more about the appliers than the UV Map, which gets things where they are supposed to go... like the nose skin on the nose part of the mesh.

All heads use a similar UV Map. The tweaks I have see are minor. But, my experience is limited. Catwa's CSR @Skell Dagger is more knowledgeable and while likely has some bias has been what I consider honest and objective in the answers I have seen him giving. I am saying I think you can trust him to give you an honest answer.

Because they are all similar I think we will find more and more skins for whatever brand are interchangeable. Head-brand is likely only an issue if you plan to use the Applier. So when you see a skin you like try the demo of it with your head and body.

• Like 1

Another thing to check is that your neck size for the head, mesh body and system shape are all the same size. If one is different it can lead to the neck seam being more visible.