Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There really is something a bit special about virtual embodiment. Here's a picture of me with three women with whom I chat on Discord and through IMs in-world pretty frequently. The bond is real.

Surfing Squad with @Scylla Rhiadra , me, @BelindaN, @Saskia Rieko, and @Eva Knoller

This is my friend and housemate @BelindaN . From Scylla's post you already know that she is a huntress. But she is also first on my list of top five friends whom I would ask about an elegant gown or s

Posted Images

This is Belinda.

Belinda is, in her own words, a "huntress."

She is also one of my best friends in Second Life and, not coincidentally, a housemate.

I've known @BelindaN for a bit under 2 years now; we first met on the Second Life forums, where she was posting superb pictures, and working hard to create a community of like-minded people whom she invited to a group she called "The Forum Angels." And most of them are (angels, that is), so I joined too, really delighted to be invited to a group of such lovely people, led by a woman I'd come to admire. I really liked how she was trying to bring people together, and how well she succeeded in doing so: she has that kind of force of personality. We hit it off pretty quickly, I think, and I'm very glad we did: she has enlivened my life immensely.

Belinda is savvy, sharp, funny, sarcastic, caring, and people-oriented: she's enormously fun, very English, very strong, and a an absolute hoot in conversation. In RL, she's definitely the kind of person I'd meet in a bar for drinks and scandalous talk.

And did I mention that she's a huntress? Of all my friends, Belinda is the one who most exudes a strength that resides, in some measure at least, in her sexual charisma. She's gorgeous, and she's got it in spades. I can only marvel (from a safe distance) at how she manages it.

A mutual friend of ours saw this picture and suggested that it looked as though I was seducing her.

I should be so lucky. You don't chase after Belinda: she hunts you.

She is the huntress.

Belinda-Blank.thumb.jpg.1214e7936347134c0fe93994fc1205ee.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is Belinda.

Belinda is, in her own words, a "huntress."

She is also one of my best friends in Second Life and, not coincidentally, a housemate.

I've known @BelindaN for a bit under 2 years now; we first met on the Second Life forums, where she was posting superb pictures, and working hard to create a community of like-minded people whom she invited to a group she called "The Forum Angels." And most of them are (angels, that is), so I joined too, really delighted to be invited to a group of such lovely people, led by a woman I'd come to admire. I really liked how she was trying to bring people together, and how well she succeeded in doing so: she has that kind of force of personality. We hit it off pretty quickly, I think, and I'm very glad we did: she has enlivened my life immensely.

Belinda is savvy, sharp, funny, sarcastic, caring, and people-oriented: she's enormously fun, very English, very strong, and a an absolute hoot in conversation. In RL, she's definitely the kind of person I'd meet in a bar for drinks and scandalous talk.

And did I mention that she's a huntress? Of all my friends, Belinda is the one who most exudes a strength that resides, in some measure at least, in her sexual charisma. She's gorgeous, and she's got it in spades. I can only marvel (from a safe distance) at how she manages it.

A mutual friend of ours saw this picture and suggested that it looked as though I was seducing her.

I should be so lucky. You don't chase after Belinda: she hunts you.

She is the huntress.

 

I've met both of you, and you are both wonderful people! It's people such the two of you who help me have faith in the SL community, 

Belinda inspires me with her AV and photography. It's easy to just settle for a basic AV, until we can see what is actually possible The same with SL photography. Every time I see one of Belinda's pics I am inspired to learn more. And hope that one day I can even somewhat approach her level of expertise.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Belinda inspires me with her AV and photography. It's easy to just settle for a basic AV, until we can see what is actually possible The same with SL photography. Every time I see one of Belinda's pics I am inspired to learn more. And hope that one day I can even somewhat approach her level of expertise.

Belinda is an entirely worthy inspiration! Her avi -- and those of her *cough cough* sisters are amazing. She really knows what she's doing. Give her a shout in-world if you'd like some advice or guidance; I am certain she'd be delighted to help!

(Also, have her explain the difference between "smart casual" and "dumb casual." It's a hoot.)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Belinda is an entirely worthy inspiration! Her avi -- and those of her *cough cough* sisters are amazing. She really knows what she's doing. Give her a shout in-world if you'd like some advice or guidance; I am certain she'd be delighted to help!

(Also, have her explain the difference between "smart casual" and "dumb casual." It's a hoot.)

Unfortunately most of the time we can't synchronize our schedules. I spent some time with her, and met Salty too. I was having huge lag issues, and she was so patient!!!

And I'll have to ask her about the "casual" thing lol!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my friend and housemate @BelindaN . From Scylla's post you already know that she is a huntress. But she is also first on my list of top five friends whom I would ask about an elegant gown or some makeup advice (The other four are all other Newell sisters of course!). Belinda is always amazing, charming and her style is very sophisticated. Just be sure not to offer her a pair of sneakers!

 

 

20200808fs_019cc.png

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@Stranger Hoxley

Or "Hox" to his friends. I met Hox through @BelindaN and @Saskia Rieko. He's a soft-spoken, kind, and generous man; Hox is a "gentleman," not in the old-fashioned classist sense of that word, but because he actually is a gentle man. I've watched and admired his efforts to reach out to people who are hurting or feeling alone and isolated. And I myself have always found his voice calming and reassuring. One of Hox's most characteristic utterances is "Mmmmhmmm." It's characteristic not merely because he says it frequently, but also because it embodies his tendency to be affirmative and positive.

Oh, and he's charming. Very charming. And he's a lifeguard! Also, he cuts a mean swathe across the dance floor. I rather suspect that there are a dozen or so women who are quietly, desperately, in love with him. Smart women: they can recognize a supportive man who actually values women for who they are when they meet him. And did I mention that he is charming?

Am I glad he is my friend?

Mmmmhmmm.

Hox-Blank.thumb.png.75fe748296189d9407473f742c41da74.png

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Stranger Hoxley

Or "Hox" to his friends. I met Hox through @BelindaN and @Saskia Rieko. He's a soft-spoken, kind, and generous man; Hox is a "gentleman," not in the old-fashioned classist sense of that word, but because he actually is a gentle man. I've watched and admired his efforts to reach out to people who are hurting or feeling alone and isolated. And I myself have always found his voice calming and reassuring. One of Hox's most characteristic utterances is "Mmmmhmmm." It's characteristic not merely because he says it frequently, but also because it embodies his tendency to be affirmative and positive.

Oh, and he's charming. Very charming. And he's a lifeguard! Also, he cuts a mean swathe across the dance floor. I rather suspect that there are a dozen or so women who are quietly, desperately, in love with him. Smart women: they can recognize a supportive man who actually values women for who they are when they meet him. And did I mention that he is charming?

Am I glad he is my friend?

Mmmmhmmm.

Hox-Blank.thumb.png.75fe748296189d9407473f742c41da74.png

Thank you so much for such nice words about me Scylla. Although we have not known each other that long and our meetings have only been brief, you already have a good idea about me. It indicates that you are intelligent, have empathy, a sharp mind, good perception and a good knowledge of people.

I know Scylla from the Forums, of course, where she speaks very well. Her points of view are clear but also nuanced. She is a free spirit that inspires others to be creative too.

Scylla recognizes that in this virtual life that freedom can be immense. Here you can make your dreams come true. Nevertheless, she does not get lost in it. She knows that friendship in SL is the most valuable thing. Hence her good friendship with @BelindaN , @Saskia Rieko and @Eva Knoller. And this thread she set up. It show you what friendship can be, how valuable it is and to inspire you to make friendship too and to write about it.

She also has a great imagination where her creativity comes from. Her stories and photos therefore have depth. She is well-read and has knowledge of the world and more. That gives her wings, a wind to fly and difficult to catch. Also a bit rebellious because of that.

Her place, the name (La Dolce Vita) and the scenarios that she came up with gave me the inspiration to make this photo. Just like in the movie .....

La Dolce Vita with Scylla!

 

Edited by Stranger Hoxley
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stranger Hoxley said:

And this thread she set up. It show you what friendship can be, how valuable it is and to inspire you to make friendship too and to write about it.

And there you go, proving the truth of everything I said about you.

Thanks for the lovely words, Hox. And the beautiful photo!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nastasha Szaberwick said:

Diavkha, and myself. From strangers to something deeper, in a short amount of time. The thought of not having him in my life scares me. 

Music of Love

 

This is a LOVELY pic! It really communicates intimacy and caring!

It's also just a really nicely taken pic! I love it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My task was to persuade Eva to transition from Dumb Casual, to Smart Casual, just one time................. I think I might just have made a small impact. I sent Cordelia over to keep her company.

SL120.jpg

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

  

I got a surprise visit from @Stranger Hoxley at La Dolce Vita this afternoon. We just sat and chatted, while Anouk Aimée tried to listen in. @EllieNewell dropped by later, but I couldn't stick around long enough to get her in a pic too. Next time!

I like that my bar is becoming a bit of a place for my friends to drop by to talk. 🙂

Hox-II-Blank.thumb.jpg.dc47524eba9a17a70fbeb00629412c7a.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

  I like that my bar is becoming a bit of a place for my friends to drop by to talk. 🙂

is good that your bar is becoming a place where people can drop by for a meet up and a chat. I like it when I see this happening

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 11:45 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Stranger Hoxley

Or "Hox" to his friends. I met Hox through @BelindaN and @Saskia Rieko. He's a soft-spoken, kind, and generous man; Hox is a "gentleman," not in the old-fashioned classist sense of that word, but because he actually is a gentle man. I've watched and admired his efforts to reach out to people who are hurting or feeling alone and isolated. And I myself have always found his voice calming and reassuring. One of Hox's most characteristic utterances is "Mmmmhmmm." It's characteristic not merely because he says it frequently, but also because it embodies his tendency to be affirmative and positive.

Oh, and he's charming. Very charming. And he's a lifeguard! Also, he cuts a mean swathe across the dance floor. I rather suspect that there are a dozen or so women who are quietly, desperately, in love with him. Smart women: they can recognize a supportive man who actually values women for who they are when they meet him. And did I mention that he is charming?

Am I glad he is my friend?

Mmmmhmmm.

Hox-Blank.thumb.png.75fe748296189d9407473f742c41da74.png

Scylla.....He's perfect for you!!! Mmmmhmmm!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, he's a pretty perfect friend!

But we're both happy with that status -- friends.

Scylla.....You very well know what I would say lol!! Remember that friends can be the best lovers....It runs deep.....

Edited by Bagnu
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Ari and Me

Ari and me.

She looks a little like me lol!!

Edited by Bagnu
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...